Skip to main content

week end recap

This week was another doosy.  I'll do some snippets here and then explain some of these more fully next week.  
I'm not sure I like these snippet lists... I'm still deciding.  But here goes another one.


*went to Cleveland where I stepped up and did pretty much all the in-services throughout the day!  wahoo!  And it was nice because the nurses were so receptive and excited to use the service.  Which they almost immediately did.  They definitely had a need.


*Ate at two restaurants with local food (in one week!)  Greenhouse Tavern in Cleveland and 3 Kings in St. Louis.  Both were wonderful!


*Road trip to and around Ohio.  Fun times with a fun co-worker ;)


*Arriving back to Chicago to beautiful weather, rowing down the windows, blasting the music, singing... loudly, and saying to each other.  We live here and we love this city!


*Talk about extremes for the two different contacts we had at the clinic in Cleveland vs. the hospital in the suburbs.  I love that I get to challenge myself and adjust to working with such different personalities all the time.


*Friday was a very frustrating day with technology.  That is all I'm going to say because I don't want to talk about it...  (My frustration with AT&T continues)


*Friday I headed to Missouri for my cousin's graduation.  I may or may not have left a bit later than I should have for the airport and needed to run through the entire airport.  Ok that happened.  I did make my flight though.  Hooray!
It was a bit stressful.


*got to watch two cardinals games!  Saturday evening we watched and when I got back to Chicago Sunday afternoon, it was the free game on the internet so I got to watch that too!  Sunday's game was better.  Garcia had a rough start Saturday.  We all have our off days.
and this gave me goosebumps =)



*My cousin, Kyle's, graduation!


*I got a new bookshelf off craigslist!
goodbye janky shelves from college
(my brother used the silver ones before me)

HELLOOOOO new bookshelf!
*visited World Market This is how my conversation with the cashier went:
Me:  So when's your last day?
Cashier:  June 17th
Me:  All I'm going to say is I think it's very sad.
Cashier:  I'll say it for you, it's awful and I'm pissed off.
(Guess I'm not the only one.)


*Karen had a wonderful idea to visit Gus' before my flight today.  YUM!  I should be going through pretzel overload right now, but I'm not.  It was so good!


*TED DREWES Saturday night!  I love summer!
We saw quite a few high schoolers after their prom grabbing some delicious frozen custard too =)


*Karen & I arrived at the airport too early for my taste so we went and sat in a parking lot and chatted for a half hour before heading over to the terminal.  Once I walked in, I had to wonder if that was a good idea... the security was worse than I've ever seen it!  INSANE!  Luckily, I saw they opened a lane off to the side (which I didn't even know existed) and I went through there.  Good thing because when I got to my gate, they immediately started boarding.


*On my bus ride back to my place I saw Columbia students graduate at the Chicago Theater.  How cool would that be?!!?!


There you go!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I have a few things to update on today =) Oh I just finished the best meal I've had since I arrived and it was oh sooooo good! I'm so full and happy right now! It was a mexican meal so at least i know i'm going to the right country. yesterday Tere asked me to lead a little yoga class. automatically i said yes because that's how i am, but on the walk from the classroom to outside i started to get nervous. the only person i ever lead in yoga was karen & she laughed the majority of the time (it doesn't really count). i just took deep breaths and i did it. it actually was great. once we started i was able to integrate some favorite posses of the people in the class it was great towards the end when marcelle (who is rather soft spoken, but i love her) lead a few poses as well. i was actually happy with myself. namaste i love our group. everyone is similar that we all have this interest to do missionary work, but we are all very unique and different at the s

Skyline Views

I finished reading My Heart is an Idiot a couple weeks ago.  The author lived in Chicago for a bit and had several essays in the book where he mentioned Chicago. In one essay he mentioned the skyline view from Augusta & Wood.  I was curious so I decided to go for a bike ride and check out this "amazing" view of the skyline. This was it, people.   Hmmm.... I think I had a better view on the Damen bridge just north of Fullerton on my way there.  I am a sucker for the unexpected skyline views around the city (like on Damen).  I'll also throw in the view from Chicago and Halsted.  Also the orange line between Western and 35th/Archer is pretty amazing.  Do you have any places you love to take in the unexpected view? I'm not talking the Adler... I consider that expected.

Kitchen Safety

We moved!  We're in our new place and we just got wifi.  Wahoo! I definitely broke in the kitchen quickly.  I was making a panini type sandwich for a potluck get together so I preheated the oven.  The next thing I knew the fire alarm was going off.  Let me tell you they did not skimp on a very loud fire alarm.  Ahhhhhhhh I opened the oven, which I know you're not supposed to do.  In the moment, I think I needed to see what I was dealing with.  There were definite flames.  Ahhhhhhhh So I called Mike while trying to google what to do.  He was super calm the entire call while I freaked out (it probably helped that he couldn't see the smoke billowing out of the oven).   He said to throw baking soda on it.  I did.  It seemed to fizzle but came back. I searched the apartment for a fire extinguisher (maybe I should have looked for one before this moment). This is while I kept trying to silence the fire alarm (to no avail) and open windows to let out smoke. Then Mike