Skip to main content

Perfectly timed people

Happy Friday!  Can you believe it's November?

Oh, time, you are so funny.  (I know I've said that before.  And I will probably say it many more times.)  I've been thinking about time a lot lately.

So, how was your week?

I was swamped this week, both professionally and personally, probably more swamped professionally though.  Crazy, crazy week.

I took several yoga classes this week and needed every single one.  (I literally took 5 classes since Sunday.)  Each one brought a different goal or perspective and I needed all of it!  Today for some reason, I was completely tuned in and it was awesome!  I wish my body could be that tuned in all the time, but it can't & that's all part of yoga.  Go with the flow.  (Get it... the flow.  You know how in yoga instructors often say, "alright, let's flow" when we're doing vinyasas?)

Friday morning I took some time to write out my to do list and knew I needed a coffee date with myself in the afternoon in order to stay on track.  I packed up my work computer and treated myself to Intelligentsia.  The cashier had the exact vibe I needed at that moment and totally calmed me down.  Thank you, sir, who's sister is Lisa.

Other highlights:
-One of my lady friends got engaged on Sunday!  Yay!  So excited!
-I'm officially friends with my neighbor and his dog, Toby, who I've been saying hello to since I moved in.  He's an elderly man, who I randomly see out walking his dog.  This week as I walked towards them, Toby started running towards me and my friend said, "Look it's your friend."  He's the perfect little dog and I love my little conversations with that man.
-I had a random conversation with a lady this week who said, "You must be one of those people who people feel they can confess everything to because I just can't stop right now."  That was nice, but I can't say I've ever noticed before.
-The best word I can think of to describe dating is uncertain.  Amiright?
-As I trudged through the rain walking home from yoga Thursday evening I saw the adorable trick-or-treaters.  In the rain.  Seriously adorable.  My favorite group was the 2 dads with their 2 sons.  All dressed up.  (No, they're costumes were not matching.  I do not quite understand the current trend to have everyone in the same theme.)

This week I feel like I kept running into people who I needed to see exactly at that moment (besides the red sox fan I was with when the Cardinals lost...minus her).  I think this happens all the time, but it takes extra thought to recognize it and be thankful for it.  Sometimes people are in your life when you need them.

This weekend:
-I'm excited to reconnect with my friend who I haven't seen in a couple weeks tonight.  I know that's not all that long, but for me and her it is.
-Saturday my friend is running her first 5K ever, in memory of her mom and I'm super excited to be in her cheering squad!  I'm making a sign.

What are you up to this weekend?
Hope you have a great one!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kitchen Safety

We moved!  We're in our new place and we just got wifi.  Wahoo! I definitely broke in the kitchen quickly.  I was making a panini type sandwich for a potluck get together so I preheated the oven.  The next thing I knew the fire alarm was going off.  Let me tell you they did not skimp on a very loud fire alarm.  Ahhhhhhhh I opened the oven, which I know you're not supposed to do.  In the moment, I think I needed to see what I was dealing with.  There were definite flames.  Ahhhhhhhh So I called Mike while trying to google what to do.  He was super calm the entire call while I freaked out (it probably helped that he couldn't see the smoke billowing out of the oven).   He said to throw baking soda on it.  I did.  It seemed to fizzle but came back. I searched the apartment for a fire extinguisher (maybe I should have looked for one before this moment). This is while I kept trying to silence the fire alarm (to no avail) and open windows to let out smoke. Then Mike
I have a few things to update on today =) Oh I just finished the best meal I've had since I arrived and it was oh sooooo good! I'm so full and happy right now! It was a mexican meal so at least i know i'm going to the right country. yesterday Tere asked me to lead a little yoga class. automatically i said yes because that's how i am, but on the walk from the classroom to outside i started to get nervous. the only person i ever lead in yoga was karen & she laughed the majority of the time (it doesn't really count). i just took deep breaths and i did it. it actually was great. once we started i was able to integrate some favorite posses of the people in the class it was great towards the end when marcelle (who is rather soft spoken, but i love her) lead a few poses as well. i was actually happy with myself. namaste i love our group. everyone is similar that we all have this interest to do missionary work, but we are all very unique and different at the s

Spring!

Yes, I know it is not spring yet.   Today's the meteorological beginning of spring or something, isn't it? I definitely suffered some winter blues last month (yeah, it's March!). Check out these tulip fields for your Friday! Normann Szkop  took awesome photos while flying over Dutch  tulip fields . ( via ) p.s. Two days later I'm still feeling amazing after my juice cleanse .  Yes, it's possible that's not what it's from, but considering nothing else has really changed (except starting a new month, which I am so excited about), it's getting the credit. HAPPY FRIDAY & HAPPY MARCH!