Skip to main content

Registration

*Karen tells me that is not what I'm supposed to say, but it makes sense in my head...

Saturday I was in San Antonio for work, I did get to hang out with a friend while I was in town so that definitely made the trip better, combined with the fact that the volunteers there are just wonderful.

I knew Sunday was going to be overwhelming before I left on Friday.  I always write lists when I'm overwhelmed, I wrote a list.  (Even though I hardly referenced it on Sunday.)  Just writing it down helps me feel better.

Sunday we registered for at two places, starting at 9am.  When we finished the second one (which we were both dragging ourselves through) it felt like it was time for bed...it was 2pm.  Guys, this experience brought so much clarity to people's registerys.  I would not necessarily say it was a fun experience.  And I am very happy Mike seems to have a vision because we would limit the insane number of options down to a couple options together and then I would say I don't care.  And he would pick.  Whew.

Then we walked over to meet with a potential photographer.  When we sat down for lunch I asked Mike if I was supposed to prepare somehow or if we were supposed to ask any questions.  So we assumed it would be a half hour meeting, tops.  As we walked over I told Mike to buck up, get though this meeting and then we could relax...we were tired!  An hour and a half later, we left her studio.  I said I liked her.  Mike said yes.  Decision.

We did it!

And I would say it was quite a productive day.

Then we drank wine out of our new, free, wine glasses from Crate & Barrel.  

And I kept addressing envelopes... anyone use lettermate before.  I'm a bit obsessed.

Goodbye weekend!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spring!

Yes, I know it is not spring yet.   Today's the meteorological beginning of spring or something, isn't it? I definitely suffered some winter blues last month (yeah, it's March!). Check out these tulip fields for your Friday! Normann Szkop  took awesome photos while flying over Dutch  tulip fields . ( via ) p.s. Two days later I'm still feeling amazing after my juice cleanse .  Yes, it's possible that's not what it's from, but considering nothing else has really changed (except starting a new month, which I am so excited about), it's getting the credit. HAPPY FRIDAY & HAPPY MARCH!

Skyline Views

I finished reading My Heart is an Idiot a couple weeks ago.  The author lived in Chicago for a bit and had several essays in the book where he mentioned Chicago. In one essay he mentioned the skyline view from Augusta & Wood.  I was curious so I decided to go for a bike ride and check out this "amazing" view of the skyline. This was it, people.   Hmmm.... I think I had a better view on the Damen bridge just north of Fullerton on my way there.  I am a sucker for the unexpected skyline views around the city (like on Damen).  I'll also throw in the view from Chicago and Halsted.  Also the orange line between Western and 35th/Archer is pretty amazing.  Do you have any places you love to take in the unexpected view? I'm not talking the Adler... I consider that expected.
I have a few things to update on today =) Oh I just finished the best meal I've had since I arrived and it was oh sooooo good! I'm so full and happy right now! It was a mexican meal so at least i know i'm going to the right country. yesterday Tere asked me to lead a little yoga class. automatically i said yes because that's how i am, but on the walk from the classroom to outside i started to get nervous. the only person i ever lead in yoga was karen & she laughed the majority of the time (it doesn't really count). i just took deep breaths and i did it. it actually was great. once we started i was able to integrate some favorite posses of the people in the class it was great towards the end when marcelle (who is rather soft spoken, but i love her) lead a few poses as well. i was actually happy with myself. namaste i love our group. everyone is similar that we all have this interest to do missionary work, but we are all very unique and different at the s