Skip to main content

News Travels Fast

I was so excited to get back to work because yesterday Jess & I went to a school in a different area where some sisters work to give presentations about being a missionary. I arrived to the usual: lots of hugs & "Lisa Lisa!" so I was happy.

Then I started on the lesson/homework for the day when Pakita (my boss at the Guarderia) came in with the phone so I knew it was Tere (my boss from the program). She hit me with lots of not so happy news as I struggled to hear with all the kids yelling my name-among other things. I plugged one ear and tried to hear as best as possible. And then at the end when I was sufficiently overwhelmed she told me she got an email from my dad. She said she would read it to me. Basically he knows I have sparatic access to the internet and he wanted to make sure I knew my grandma c is in the hospital. I was shocked and it was just vague enough that it allowed my mind to race (of course to the worst possible conclusions). I took a deep breath, found Pakita to give the phone to her. I just kept thinking `I wish Melissa was here today.` (she gave the presentations with Jess today). I went back to my tarea/lesson prep and attempted to hide tears from the kids and compose myself.

Then just as I was getting control in comes Pakita. Man, news travels fast. It reminded me when my grandpa r died the 19th at night and the 20th i was at the gym in ste. gen in the morning and people were already expressing their sympathy.

I told her I was ok as new tears came to the surface no longer hidden from the kids and she said I`m strong. Back to homework/lesson prep.

Then Lucy left. I have no idea where to but to her credit she did attempt to tell me (I think) in Spanish. After they finished coloring Christopher Columbus (which didn`t take long) I didn`t know what to do and I couldn`t think. So I pulled out the blocks to compete with them yelling out the window at the gym teacher (I couldn`t blame them for being excited for gym). Xion decided to announce they could play by dumping them all over the floor. It was very loud, but at least it got them away from the window.

Melissa game me some advice Sunday after a visit to help the Sisters of Charity (which is still really had on me). Melissa kept checking on me while we were there so I thanked her after and she said when she`s in situations like that she always asks herself where can I find God in this situation. Great advice from a smart lady and I definitely thought of it today.
-Gael sat on the floor and picked up the legos Xion decided to dump everywhere, which is definitely not normal behavior for him. I sat on the floor with him and held him on my lap in a long hug and I said "Gracios Gael"
-Miss Geo (English teacher) came in and first wanted to talk news travels fast and the tears started flowing again. She said, "God is with me and my family and He will take care of us. (The kids were suddenly quite even though she was speaking to me in English) I headed back to my comfort of homework prep as Miss Geo said a prayer for my grandma and family with the kids. It was precious, but I couldn`t look at them and kept crying.
-After Miss Geo explained what happened and they said a prayer many kids came over to me to make sure I was ok.
-Israel instantly came over & said "tranquilo" (calm) with tears still on my face I smiled and said "Gracious" He did his english lesson and came back after to check with me again "¿tranquilo?" I actually did feel better.

I was very happy the letter I wrote my grandma in August got to her last week although now I wish it was better.
You just never know.

Lucy came back after gym. Thank you God.

I know if I was in the States I wouldn`t be in St. Louis with her either, but I would at least be able to talk to her on the phone.

As I learn more I`ll let you know, but I`m chatting with my sister now and apparently she fracture her c2-part of her spinal column in her neck...things are going to be changing...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kitchen Safety

We moved!  We're in our new place and we just got wifi.  Wahoo! I definitely broke in the kitchen quickly.  I was making a panini type sandwich for a potluck get together so I preheated the oven.  The next thing I knew the fire alarm was going off.  Let me tell you they did not skimp on a very loud fire alarm.  Ahhhhhhhh I opened the oven, which I know you're not supposed to do.  In the moment, I think I needed to see what I was dealing with.  There were definite flames.  Ahhhhhhhh So I called Mike while trying to google what to do.  He was super calm the entire call while I freaked out (it probably helped that he couldn't see the smoke billowing out of the oven).   He said to throw baking soda on it.  I did.  It seemed to fizzle but came back. I searched the apartment for a fire extinguisher (maybe I should have looked for one before this moment). This is while I kept trying to silence the fire alarm (to no avail) and open windows to let out smoke. Then Mike
I have a few things to update on today =) Oh I just finished the best meal I've had since I arrived and it was oh sooooo good! I'm so full and happy right now! It was a mexican meal so at least i know i'm going to the right country. yesterday Tere asked me to lead a little yoga class. automatically i said yes because that's how i am, but on the walk from the classroom to outside i started to get nervous. the only person i ever lead in yoga was karen & she laughed the majority of the time (it doesn't really count). i just took deep breaths and i did it. it actually was great. once we started i was able to integrate some favorite posses of the people in the class it was great towards the end when marcelle (who is rather soft spoken, but i love her) lead a few poses as well. i was actually happy with myself. namaste i love our group. everyone is similar that we all have this interest to do missionary work, but we are all very unique and different at the s

Spring!

Yes, I know it is not spring yet.   Today's the meteorological beginning of spring or something, isn't it? I definitely suffered some winter blues last month (yeah, it's March!). Check out these tulip fields for your Friday! Normann Szkop  took awesome photos while flying over Dutch  tulip fields . ( via ) p.s. Two days later I'm still feeling amazing after my juice cleanse .  Yes, it's possible that's not what it's from, but considering nothing else has really changed (except starting a new month, which I am so excited about), it's getting the credit. HAPPY FRIDAY & HAPPY MARCH!