Skip to main content

amigo

a word that is used very loosely here. i tend to say friend for someone who is REALLY my friend....sort-of. but in comparison to here i use it very little. right now i am really missing my friends at home. after talking about it a lot at breakfast i needed a good laugh.

and this laugh came in the form of trash. we heard the bell and desperately needed to take out our trash so caro and i ran out the door with our big trash can and a couple boxes. we stood where the trash truck always comes and waited. we started to get nervous we missed it and decided to head back to the house. then a man on the way home started talking and basically gave us hope again. i thought we should just walk and go find it (as if we don`t stand out enough here...let`s truck around with tons of garbage). i kind-of felt like i was walking in a desert without water and every largeish white truck i saw i thought was the trash truck, until i got close enough to see it wasn`t and then i suddenly saw in the distance another truck i thought was the trash truck so caro and i kept walking until one of my sightings was actually true.
once we got there i said "if this truck pulls away right before we get there i`m going to cry" and caro said "i`ll throw myself out infront of it" luckily it didn`t come to that.
someone needs to tell that bell man to slow down (you never know how close he actually is to the truck...hence the running out of the house)
so we had a good laugh on the way home.

Then I was having a usual morning at work when Lulù arrived to get a few things of hers from the classroom. This was great & sad at the same time. It was wonderful to see her again, but I was reminded how patient she was with me & how she included me in lesson plans or at least told me what we were doing before we did it. (Lucy doesn`t do that) And I really think Lulù and I could have been friends.
She asked me about my spanish and I replied it`s better, but still bad. She said just by my response she could tell it was a lot better. That made me feel good. (I guess I haven`t seen her in about 1 1/2 months.) She`s so positive though.
I was able to appreciate that she was working with me when I first started rather than Lucy. It started things off better I think. I`m grateful for that.
I still miss her though. I gave her a couple big hugs that I really enjoyed. Another thing I really enjoyed with my friends back home and here that just doesn`t happen.

fun story to end with:
The kids have moved on from asking me why my hair is blonde and my eyes green and why i speak english (mostly Israel). Yesterday they started asking about my family. Do I have any brothers and sisters? What are their names? So I told them yesterday I have one brother and one sister and their names. I knew they would struggle with Jeff (and they did...good thing I didn`t say Jeffrey or else that would have been really difficult for them), but some of them struggle with Karen too.
Then today someone else asked me and Gael tells them my brother`s name was Jeff. It actually sounded like he was practicing from the way he said it the day before. I just laughed and said yep.

overall a good friday the 13th

Comments

  1. As you are one of the two people who call me Jeffrey I am glad that you did not further corrupt the youth. ;) Glad you got your package hope you enjoy it and it is useful. Miss you.
    Jeff

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Kitchen Safety

We moved!  We're in our new place and we just got wifi.  Wahoo! I definitely broke in the kitchen quickly.  I was making a panini type sandwich for a potluck get together so I preheated the oven.  The next thing I knew the fire alarm was going off.  Let me tell you they did not skimp on a very loud fire alarm.  Ahhhhhhhh I opened the oven, which I know you're not supposed to do.  In the moment, I think I needed to see what I was dealing with.  There were definite flames.  Ahhhhhhhh So I called Mike while trying to google what to do.  He was super calm the entire call while I freaked out (it probably helped that he couldn't see the smoke billowing out of the oven).   He said to throw baking soda on it.  I did.  It seemed to fizzle but came back. I searched the apartment for a fire extinguisher (maybe I should have looked for one before this moment). This is while I kept trying to silence the fire alarm (to no avail) and open windows to let out smoke. Then Mike
I have a few things to update on today =) Oh I just finished the best meal I've had since I arrived and it was oh sooooo good! I'm so full and happy right now! It was a mexican meal so at least i know i'm going to the right country. yesterday Tere asked me to lead a little yoga class. automatically i said yes because that's how i am, but on the walk from the classroom to outside i started to get nervous. the only person i ever lead in yoga was karen & she laughed the majority of the time (it doesn't really count). i just took deep breaths and i did it. it actually was great. once we started i was able to integrate some favorite posses of the people in the class it was great towards the end when marcelle (who is rather soft spoken, but i love her) lead a few poses as well. i was actually happy with myself. namaste i love our group. everyone is similar that we all have this interest to do missionary work, but we are all very unique and different at the s

Spring!

Yes, I know it is not spring yet.   Today's the meteorological beginning of spring or something, isn't it? I definitely suffered some winter blues last month (yeah, it's March!). Check out these tulip fields for your Friday! Normann Szkop  took awesome photos while flying over Dutch  tulip fields . ( via ) p.s. Two days later I'm still feeling amazing after my juice cleanse .  Yes, it's possible that's not what it's from, but considering nothing else has really changed (except starting a new month, which I am so excited about), it's getting the credit. HAPPY FRIDAY & HAPPY MARCH!