Skip to main content

a wonderful 24 hours

oh what a wonderful 24 hours i´ve had that i want to share with you!

after returning to work Tuesday and having a pretty normal day i returned home to find i had TWO pieces of mail. a halloween card from my aunt and uncle and a letter and beautiful magnet from kel. it was wonderful. THEN i went to the parish and received a package from my parents. which i was expecting my scarf (which i promptly used that evening) and hoping for a letter and they included all sorts of goodies for me. it honestly felt like CHRISTMAS!
then in the evening i worked on learning a new dance. dancing is so important here and i definitely still need some work.

then today at work i just had a wonderful time.
yesterday i brought a book my mom bought (it´s in spanish). it works on numbers, which is what the kids are working on right now so i thought i should take it to them. i don´t know if they are just super excited for a new book (that´s all in one piece), but it is a very cute book and all the other books are abondonded right now because they are all so excited for it and they actually sort-of fight over it. Emiliano cried today because someone beat him into the room and grabbed the book first so he couldn´t use it (although i made them share anyway). Yesterday i attempted to read it to the class when i was alone with them. today Arlet came over and wanted me to read it with her while i was working with Lucy...so embarrasing. I guess practice makes better and Arlet loved it. Then as we were finishing and i was starting to release a sigh of relief "OTRA VEZ" (again) oh man...and we read it again.

the kids were working with these feltish papers with black marker written on them for their letters and Lucy pointed out Maurico rubbed it on his face and had black marks we couldn´t help but laugh and then all the other kids saw us laughing and decided to participate as well. basically the whole class went out to recreation with black marker on their face and all i could do was laugh. (they looked like they had mustaches, etc.)

the kids just kept amazing me with cuteness all day and i was most definitely a fan!

one more little story. Christofer got up to put away his cup and moved a chair in the process. When Gloria went to sit-down her chair was gone and she fell to the floor spilling juice on her shirt. it was a total accident and melissa and i attempted to cover up our laughter.

oh and at work lucy and i finally finished the bears we´ve been working on for at least a month (that is not an exaggeration)

then i got home and had another card from my aunt and uncle. what a wonderful 24 hours!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kitchen Safety

We moved!  We're in our new place and we just got wifi.  Wahoo! I definitely broke in the kitchen quickly.  I was making a panini type sandwich for a potluck get together so I preheated the oven.  The next thing I knew the fire alarm was going off.  Let me tell you they did not skimp on a very loud fire alarm.  Ahhhhhhhh I opened the oven, which I know you're not supposed to do.  In the moment, I think I needed to see what I was dealing with.  There were definite flames.  Ahhhhhhhh So I called Mike while trying to google what to do.  He was super calm the entire call while I freaked out (it probably helped that he couldn't see the smoke billowing out of the oven).   He said to throw baking soda on it.  I did.  It seemed to fizzle but came back. I searched the apartment for a fire extinguisher (maybe I should have looked for one before this moment). This is while I kept trying to silence the fire alarm (to no avail) and open windows to let out smoke. Then Mike
I have a few things to update on today =) Oh I just finished the best meal I've had since I arrived and it was oh sooooo good! I'm so full and happy right now! It was a mexican meal so at least i know i'm going to the right country. yesterday Tere asked me to lead a little yoga class. automatically i said yes because that's how i am, but on the walk from the classroom to outside i started to get nervous. the only person i ever lead in yoga was karen & she laughed the majority of the time (it doesn't really count). i just took deep breaths and i did it. it actually was great. once we started i was able to integrate some favorite posses of the people in the class it was great towards the end when marcelle (who is rather soft spoken, but i love her) lead a few poses as well. i was actually happy with myself. namaste i love our group. everyone is similar that we all have this interest to do missionary work, but we are all very unique and different at the s

Spring!

Yes, I know it is not spring yet.   Today's the meteorological beginning of spring or something, isn't it? I definitely suffered some winter blues last month (yeah, it's March!). Check out these tulip fields for your Friday! Normann Szkop  took awesome photos while flying over Dutch  tulip fields . ( via ) p.s. Two days later I'm still feeling amazing after my juice cleanse .  Yes, it's possible that's not what it's from, but considering nothing else has really changed (except starting a new month, which I am so excited about), it's getting the credit. HAPPY FRIDAY & HAPPY MARCH!