Skip to main content

here i am 23


so overall my birthday was wonderful as i think all my birthday's are. i'm not a big celebrater for my birthday...i like to have a normal day with a few spruces.

I've actually never been a huge fan of my birthday (at least not in recent years). For one it's always freezing (I'd like to take this opportunity to thank all my wonderful friends the past few years for braving frost bite and running through the streets of Chicago with me...Kel 2 years ago as we were running in our heels from the eL "I knew I should have bought these pants in a smaller size." as she held them up. So although the weather was awful my friends shined through.)

But I think the root if it is I don't like all the attention on me & I am really awkward when I receive gifts so I'd just rather not.

I thought this is the perfect year for just another day so I told the girls no gifts with stuff my friends and family sent me from the states and my parents coming in the day after I felt I had more than enough. I requested no cake and I didn't really want anyone to know....


sunday i kicked it off by dancing around the living room alone to my sister's cd she sent me for my present (my actual birthday was tuesday)...Shake It anyone?....

and eating a mango which is coming in season here...it was WONDERFUL! I haven't had one in years...I really only like them fresh and I think the last one I really enjoyed was when I lived in LA when Suzane taught me how to cut them.


tuesday the girls made me breakfast (eggs and mushrooms) but then we had a not so fun talk. so i wasn't in a great mood as i headed to the guarderia. things only got better. somehow lucy found out it was my birthday and had all the kids sing to me (which is when my boss came in and found out it was my birthday as well) she gave me a trail mix she made and a very colorful sucker. I thought, 'Lucy how do you know me so well?' As we had a bit of a rough start we're getting along a lot better now and she's giving me jobs that are 'mine' and things are going much better, but I wouldn't have expected all this. Then the day proceeded normally with the exception that most the kids made me "presents" out of play dough. I had to close my eyes, they would present it to me, I said how much I liked it and they went back to make me another creation. Then after lunch (when the new kid wouldn't eat) i walked out to the patio and all the kids were sitting on the ground and they all sang to me. It was adorable, but I hated it at the same time. Then they chanted for me to bite the cake...so i did.

Melissa and I arrived home to pretzels jess made and bud light that caro got for me and sunflowers from Melissa. It was so cute and wonderful!

Isaac and I went out for a date at night (we don't have many) and it was a wonderful day!


happy 23 to me


p.s. it was BY FAR the BEST weather i've EVER had for my birthday


and my parents arrived the next day!!! i'm going to have my dad do a bit of a 'guest blog post' so stay tuned for that.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kitchen Safety

We moved!  We're in our new place and we just got wifi.  Wahoo! I definitely broke in the kitchen quickly.  I was making a panini type sandwich for a potluck get together so I preheated the oven.  The next thing I knew the fire alarm was going off.  Let me tell you they did not skimp on a very loud fire alarm.  Ahhhhhhhh I opened the oven, which I know you're not supposed to do.  In the moment, I think I needed to see what I was dealing with.  There were definite flames.  Ahhhhhhhh So I called Mike while trying to google what to do.  He was super calm the entire call while I freaked out (it probably helped that he couldn't see the smoke billowing out of the oven).   He said to throw baking soda on it.  I did.  It seemed to fizzle but came back. I searched the apartment for a fire extinguisher (maybe I should have looked for one before this moment). This is while I kept trying to silence the fire alarm (to no avail) and open windows to let out smoke. Then Mike
I have a few things to update on today =) Oh I just finished the best meal I've had since I arrived and it was oh sooooo good! I'm so full and happy right now! It was a mexican meal so at least i know i'm going to the right country. yesterday Tere asked me to lead a little yoga class. automatically i said yes because that's how i am, but on the walk from the classroom to outside i started to get nervous. the only person i ever lead in yoga was karen & she laughed the majority of the time (it doesn't really count). i just took deep breaths and i did it. it actually was great. once we started i was able to integrate some favorite posses of the people in the class it was great towards the end when marcelle (who is rather soft spoken, but i love her) lead a few poses as well. i was actually happy with myself. namaste i love our group. everyone is similar that we all have this interest to do missionary work, but we are all very unique and different at the s

Spring!

Yes, I know it is not spring yet.   Today's the meteorological beginning of spring or something, isn't it? I definitely suffered some winter blues last month (yeah, it's March!). Check out these tulip fields for your Friday! Normann Szkop  took awesome photos while flying over Dutch  tulip fields . ( via ) p.s. Two days later I'm still feeling amazing after my juice cleanse .  Yes, it's possible that's not what it's from, but considering nothing else has really changed (except starting a new month, which I am so excited about), it's getting the credit. HAPPY FRIDAY & HAPPY MARCH!