Skip to main content

Every story has an end. But in life, every ending is just a new beginning.

isn't it funny how things come full-circle? when i started this blog, my first posts were many good-byes and now here i am again a year later making a whole new set of good-byes to people i hadn't met before. and once again...it's so hard.


things wrapped up at the guarderia. that was a very difficult day for me.

Graduation Day

The day started with a light drizzle (that whole week it rained...Isaac said a hurricane passed over us...it was just awful). I arrived at the Guarderia and was put to work blowing up balloons and preparing the decorations. They like to use balloons for all kinds of different decorations here. It still mazes me how Mexicans can use balloons in so many different ways & it can look so cute...just with balloons. It's actually really interesting. But, unfortunately, blowing up balloons and tying them is not one of my talents. Although I will say I'm better now that I was a year ago...I think.

The day started pretty normal with kids running around the room waiting for the ceremony to start. It started with Preschool 3 passing the flag duty to Preschool 2. My class was represented by Mauricio, Axl, & Xian. They were wonderful.

Xian, Mauri, & Axl


The awards, diplomas, etc. were handed out. I got to hang out with Gael, Felipe, and Arleth. The ones moving on to grade school (Preschool 3) did their dance that they've been working on for at least a month. The girls had big puffy dresses & the boys suits. I loved that the parents came up with the kids to get their diplomas.


Then Arleth gave her little speech. She's been working so hard on it & Luci & I were a little afraid because she's shy. But she nailed it! She was so cute. Her whole family came. Even her god-mother who always fixes her hair in such intricate ways (for the ceremony she had a star in her hair). When she finished everyone applauded & I erupted in "BRAVO!" Loud enough for the teacher next to me to look at me surprised. I met eyes with Luci & we both had eyes glistening with tears and huge smiles on our faces.


Gael left with his cousin and mom while it was happening so I didn't say good-bye, but considering i was fighting back tears all morning it might be better that way.


Arleth came up to me with her Grandma as her Grandma told her what to say. 'Thanks for everything, I wish you the best.', etc. I just hugged her, said thank you & fought back tears.

Mauri came up to me when I was heading for the room looking for something. It was just him. He said "Thanks for everything miss" & he was on the brink of tears. Of course you can only imagine what that did to me. I just picked him up & hugged him...tight.

Emili came late because he went to his older brother's ceremony. (He forgot his coat yesterday, he'll definitely needed that in the weather we had.)

Hanna (who hasn't come in 3 weeks) came really late (her mom had vacation time so they went to Puebla-a different state). She just came to get her stuff, but it was so good to see her.

We served the 3rd years & their families lunch/desayuno. Chicken mole with rice of course.

As we were getting ready to leave Melissa & I went to return our smock things that we wore everyday. We set them on Paquita's desk & she started crying...& so did I.


Monday we had our evaluation at the Guarderia, which couldn't have been further from what I was expecting. I was expecting a survey where I just filled out my thoughts privately. I even told Melissa when we got there that I was upset I forgot my dictionary. Turns out that's not how it worked at all.

We all sat in a circle...well..sort-of a circle. Melissa, Paquita & I were the only ones willing to be in the sun. Everyone said what they like/don't like about work, to which Paquita provided explanations as well as discussing what they should change for the next year. I thought it was great although it takes a little guts to say the things you don't like while treading on water hoping not to hurt your co-workers feelings. I thought it was great though. It helps to understand why things happen the way they do.

Saying good-bye to Luci was difficult as well. I went in & thanked her for her patience & told her I learned a lot from her. She said she learned a lot from me and how at first she didn't know what she was going to do with me, but it worked out so well. then she said how she works there because she loves the kids, but while she's teaching she doesn't always have time to tend to their needs and I was great at that. Always giving out hugs, etc. She said especially with Gael, he needed me more that I'll know. She said how he needed that attention and she couldn't give it to him, but I did. -That also came up during the evaluation Paquita asked "What will Gael do without you?" -


my boys on the last day

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I have a few things to update on today =) Oh I just finished the best meal I've had since I arrived and it was oh sooooo good! I'm so full and happy right now! It was a mexican meal so at least i know i'm going to the right country. yesterday Tere asked me to lead a little yoga class. automatically i said yes because that's how i am, but on the walk from the classroom to outside i started to get nervous. the only person i ever lead in yoga was karen & she laughed the majority of the time (it doesn't really count). i just took deep breaths and i did it. it actually was great. once we started i was able to integrate some favorite posses of the people in the class it was great towards the end when marcelle (who is rather soft spoken, but i love her) lead a few poses as well. i was actually happy with myself. namaste i love our group. everyone is similar that we all have this interest to do missionary work, but we are all very unique and different at the s

Spring!

Yes, I know it is not spring yet.   Today's the meteorological beginning of spring or something, isn't it? I definitely suffered some winter blues last month (yeah, it's March!). Check out these tulip fields for your Friday! Normann Szkop  took awesome photos while flying over Dutch  tulip fields . ( via ) p.s. Two days later I'm still feeling amazing after my juice cleanse .  Yes, it's possible that's not what it's from, but considering nothing else has really changed (except starting a new month, which I am so excited about), it's getting the credit. HAPPY FRIDAY & HAPPY MARCH!

Kitchen Safety

We moved!  We're in our new place and we just got wifi.  Wahoo! I definitely broke in the kitchen quickly.  I was making a panini type sandwich for a potluck get together so I preheated the oven.  The next thing I knew the fire alarm was going off.  Let me tell you they did not skimp on a very loud fire alarm.  Ahhhhhhhh I opened the oven, which I know you're not supposed to do.  In the moment, I think I needed to see what I was dealing with.  There were definite flames.  Ahhhhhhhh So I called Mike while trying to google what to do.  He was super calm the entire call while I freaked out (it probably helped that he couldn't see the smoke billowing out of the oven).   He said to throw baking soda on it.  I did.  It seemed to fizzle but came back. I searched the apartment for a fire extinguisher (maybe I should have looked for one before this moment). This is while I kept trying to silence the fire alarm (to no avail) and open windows to let out smoke. Then Mike