Skip to main content

summer vanished

i LOVE summer. i love the hot stickiness. i love the summer clothes. i love summer activities. i love sitting outside. i just love it.

but i also love fall and with fall now arriving i'm excited for the falling leaves, the fall smells and can't wait especially because i feel like i kind-of missed it last year.

so i decided to do a little recap of my summer (since i've been ummm.... not blogging)


had a great summer with part of it unlike any summer i've ever experienced (chilly and rainy) and the other part normal (super-humid)


what did i do this summer?

* boating-my aunt and uncle took Karen and I and one of our cousins out on the boat one saturday. i hadn't been boating in like 3 years and it was great! and i'd like to think i was a better tuber this time around

* visited Acapulco -i loved this city and this trip

* visited Oaxaca-i enjoyed oaxaca a lot too and it gave me a chance to catch-up with one of my friends from a service trip i took in college

* karaoke...i guess i'll say that was a like

* seeing my friends again

* running on the lake...even if it was only for one day. the one in chicago. although i ran at the lake in chapultepec with isaac as he tried to convince me their lake was like the one in chicago. it was nice to...but not the same.

* wineries-haven't been for awhile. Dad, Karen & I wentfor her birthday week, a wrap-up to my week of barely being carded, which is very strange for me because i'm ALWAYS carded.

* hearing and sharing everything with karen. whether i was awake or sleeping, she heard it all.

* a great trip with great friends.

* cooking...a lot. i loved it. and i think karen liked everything too...well almost.

* got to do some st. louis classics: the muny & ted drews & gus's

* stay clear of roads that have just been resurfaced. #1 obviously while you're driving it kicks the loose rocks on your car and everyone cringes. #2 if you walk across it, it will stick to your feet. as karen put it so well while we happened to go on a walk the day they did it "oh ouchy agh." and so many other words I can't spell. #3 while running even 3 days afterwards the cars will continue to hit you with the rocks. be prepared and if possible...stay away.

* karen & i perfecting the sleeping bag out of her comforter to keep me warm at night.

* going to soulard market with my mom. it reminded me so much of our food shopping in mexico. i loved it and it is a super cute area

* many 25¢ drinks from on the run after the cards score 6 or more

* family vacay including sailing & my first trip shopping in a year.

* lot's of time on karen's deck

* went to a movie with karen that she wanted to see (i was just the company). we got in and she asked me if i knew anything about it and i didn't so then in this one part i was shocked i was like 'no she didn't' and gasped a little, but no one else did anything. later karen informed me that part was in ALL the previews so she could definitely tell i knew nothing about it. i'm not a pop culture girl, what can i say.

* i was reunited with my plant. this is the plant i started college with when i moved away from home. so it stayed with me all four years, but was in pretty bad shape at the end. my uncle and aunt took care of it for me while i was in mexico and it looks beautiful. Thanks Rick & Marcia!

* seeing jess & jarritt's pile of logs for their soon-to-be house. i can't wait to see it all come together

* busch stadium tour with dad and karen. super fun. we went in the broadcaster's booth, on the runner's track, in the dugout, saw them setting up for a wedding...which we knew who was getting married too! well...sort-of.


* had delicious gus's pretzels. if you know me, i have a thing for pretzels and we watched them make it while we were in line (who knew it was such a hot spot on a sat. morning at 11am) then we got super warm ones. it had to be the best pretzel i ever ate.

* karen & i got a great picture with the arch. props to dad.

* got all dressed up and went to a nice restaurant downtown. they actually had a lot of veggie options, which i loved. and it was delicious. i also never have wine at restaurants and karen & i went all out.

* running around forest park. i never knew so much was there! now iunderstand how bryan could give segway tours there. the houses right on the outside of forest park are huge. i would love to live there, but would never want a house that big...maybe they'd rent one of their guest rooms out to me. perfect.

* went on a haunted tour that wasn't actually scary at all.

* made my scrapbook from mexico

* started talking on my phone again. p.s. i am now much better at texting since that's basically all i did in mexico

* went to a football game. which i don't think i'd been to one since high school. we even tailgated. GO MIZZOU


* BASEBALL i watched almost every game and got to go to several! i dusted off my dear scorebook.

* went to karen's work for the first time. it was like a scavenger hunt, but those babies are just so adorable.

* i spent more time in a car in 2 days than i ever want to again in my life when Karen & I moved me into chicago. by the way my apt. is beautiful and wonderful and you should all come visit ... once it's all put together. it is nice to be reunited with some of my nick nacks and photos from college. but i think i have too many clothes and need to sell some or donate some. i think i realized last year that i just don't need all this stuff.

* visited the depaul campus (a lot changed in a year and the el station is now amazing). and went to student night mass, even though i felt a little bit like a creeper.

* visited with my grandmas!

* had american mexican food, not the same, but this place was pretty authentic and i could understand what the waiters said to each other off to the side!

* saw karen get her masters! and take my word for it, she is study study studying for her boards. GO KAREN


and of course applied for more jobs than i can count. maybe i should do another post on job hunting because that's a whole 'nother story right there. for right now i will say i had an interview today that i really liked the job and i think it went ok, but i'm not going to hold my breath.



not holding....not holding...but...please



alright bring it on fall. i shall enjoy you mucho to make up for what i'm sure will not be enjoyment of winter. but i'm not going to think of that until it gets here. i'm going to enjoy fall and crunching leaves under my feet.

YEA!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I have a few things to update on today =) Oh I just finished the best meal I've had since I arrived and it was oh sooooo good! I'm so full and happy right now! It was a mexican meal so at least i know i'm going to the right country. yesterday Tere asked me to lead a little yoga class. automatically i said yes because that's how i am, but on the walk from the classroom to outside i started to get nervous. the only person i ever lead in yoga was karen & she laughed the majority of the time (it doesn't really count). i just took deep breaths and i did it. it actually was great. once we started i was able to integrate some favorite posses of the people in the class it was great towards the end when marcelle (who is rather soft spoken, but i love her) lead a few poses as well. i was actually happy with myself. namaste i love our group. everyone is similar that we all have this interest to do missionary work, but we are all very unique and different at the s

Spring!

Yes, I know it is not spring yet.   Today's the meteorological beginning of spring or something, isn't it? I definitely suffered some winter blues last month (yeah, it's March!). Check out these tulip fields for your Friday! Normann Szkop  took awesome photos while flying over Dutch  tulip fields . ( via ) p.s. Two days later I'm still feeling amazing after my juice cleanse .  Yes, it's possible that's not what it's from, but considering nothing else has really changed (except starting a new month, which I am so excited about), it's getting the credit. HAPPY FRIDAY & HAPPY MARCH!

Kitchen Safety

We moved!  We're in our new place and we just got wifi.  Wahoo! I definitely broke in the kitchen quickly.  I was making a panini type sandwich for a potluck get together so I preheated the oven.  The next thing I knew the fire alarm was going off.  Let me tell you they did not skimp on a very loud fire alarm.  Ahhhhhhhh I opened the oven, which I know you're not supposed to do.  In the moment, I think I needed to see what I was dealing with.  There were definite flames.  Ahhhhhhhh So I called Mike while trying to google what to do.  He was super calm the entire call while I freaked out (it probably helped that he couldn't see the smoke billowing out of the oven).   He said to throw baking soda on it.  I did.  It seemed to fizzle but came back. I searched the apartment for a fire extinguisher (maybe I should have looked for one before this moment). This is while I kept trying to silence the fire alarm (to no avail) and open windows to let out smoke. Then Mike