Skip to main content

Week Learnings

Why Hello there Friday!  Welcome!
I'm pretty excited it's Friday.  And I'm super pumped for the Air & Water Show this weekend so it's an awesome day. 
Today I have some learnings from the week to share with you...

Song for you...
 The Lumineers - Ho Hey by AMY 

Running is so much easier when it's not 98º outside.  My time drops and I feel so much better.  I couldn't have asked for better weather for my runs this week (even Monday in the slight drizzle was lovely) and tomorrow it looks like 75 for my 20 miler.  Ready!

It's so nice to get mail that's not junk or a bill!

At my old job, I almost always took a real lunch.  I would go look at the skyline by myself or with a group or go sit in the cafeteria with a group.  Lunch was a break from work.  In my current job, it's not really like that.  I miss the companionship where I got to know my co-workers' personalities and where we talked about anything but work (ok maybe a little work talk was included).
This week I took 2 real lunches and they were awesome!
One of my friends came to me on Monday (she's a teacher so she hasn't started yet).
Today I went down to the Adler and met Rubina.  We grabbed hot dogs from the stand and hopped on the water taxi to Navy Pier.  (We rode there and back, we didn't get off.)  The Air & Water show was practicing for tomorrow as we rode across the lake and I throughly enjoyed myself.  (Thanks for the free ride & discount, Rubina ;)) 
no, this is not photoshopped.
rubina said it looks photoshopped.  that just shows how awesome it is!
I got to see some of my old co-workers and some updated and new exhibits.  Which are both awesome!  Rubina even stars in one of them!!
omg it's her.
she's famous! ;)

I love hanging out with Rubina for many reasons, but I appreciate that when I'm being ridiculous she'll call me out on it.  She's like my sensor for if I'm overreacting. And when she doesn't call me out on overreacting, I know I'm not.

Actions will always speak louder than words.

Navy Pier will always be full of tourists.  I went Wednesday for a going away party and it was probably my first time there since '09.  I can't say I miss it.  Although, I did enjoy the get together.



Traveling and want to rent a bike while you're there?  Try out Spinlister!  Looks rad!

I know I picked the right car.  Good thing, right? 
My rental in Cleveland seemed SO big to me.  Tuesday when I got in my car I literaly took a deep relaxing breath because it felt so right.  Yay!

Apparently 98º is back together.  I was never a huge fan of theirs (although I listened to them plenty riding around with Karen).  However, I heard them sing on the Today show and felt like I was back at a middle school dance.
Oh, reminiscing. 

As you know, I usually put my peanut butter upside down to mix.  Check out this new contraption.  No, I probably won't buy it, but it is pretty awesome.

As I said, I'm excited for the Air & Water show this weekend!  I never had an opinion about it until last year, when I fell in love (after the morning run).  I have a feeling it will be annoying during my run again this year, but I will fall in love again once I stake out my spot in Belmont Harbor and watch the planes fly over me.
By the way if any of the planes that do flips are looking for co-pilots that know nothing about planes, please let Rubina or I know.  Oh how I would love to be in one of those.  Especially one that kills the engine after shooting straight up and tumbles for a bit before looping back up again.  That would be my first choice.  Seriously.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kitchen Safety

We moved!  We're in our new place and we just got wifi.  Wahoo! I definitely broke in the kitchen quickly.  I was making a panini type sandwich for a potluck get together so I preheated the oven.  The next thing I knew the fire alarm was going off.  Let me tell you they did not skimp on a very loud fire alarm.  Ahhhhhhhh I opened the oven, which I know you're not supposed to do.  In the moment, I think I needed to see what I was dealing with.  There were definite flames.  Ahhhhhhhh So I called Mike while trying to google what to do.  He was super calm the entire call while I freaked out (it probably helped that he couldn't see the smoke billowing out of the oven).   He said to throw baking soda on it.  I did.  It seemed to fizzle but came back. I searched the apartment for a fire extinguisher (maybe I should have looked for one before this moment). This is while I kept trying to silence the fire alarm (to no avail) and open windows to let out smoke. Then Mike
I have a few things to update on today =) Oh I just finished the best meal I've had since I arrived and it was oh sooooo good! I'm so full and happy right now! It was a mexican meal so at least i know i'm going to the right country. yesterday Tere asked me to lead a little yoga class. automatically i said yes because that's how i am, but on the walk from the classroom to outside i started to get nervous. the only person i ever lead in yoga was karen & she laughed the majority of the time (it doesn't really count). i just took deep breaths and i did it. it actually was great. once we started i was able to integrate some favorite posses of the people in the class it was great towards the end when marcelle (who is rather soft spoken, but i love her) lead a few poses as well. i was actually happy with myself. namaste i love our group. everyone is similar that we all have this interest to do missionary work, but we are all very unique and different at the s

Spring!

Yes, I know it is not spring yet.   Today's the meteorological beginning of spring or something, isn't it? I definitely suffered some winter blues last month (yeah, it's March!). Check out these tulip fields for your Friday! Normann Szkop  took awesome photos while flying over Dutch  tulip fields . ( via ) p.s. Two days later I'm still feeling amazing after my juice cleanse .  Yes, it's possible that's not what it's from, but considering nothing else has really changed (except starting a new month, which I am so excited about), it's getting the credit. HAPPY FRIDAY & HAPPY MARCH!