Skip to main content

NYC Work Week 2

Another work week in NYC done.  I did a tiny bit of sight seeing after our work days this week.  I would provide you with a little description, but instead I will provide a post of pictures (with a few words because I cannot resist):

Rockefeller Center
there's such a pretty light show on this store across from the tree every 4 minutes
Grand Central Station
Macy's on 34th Street
I ended up walking down here alone once and with Hilary once.  I loved it and thought it was adorable.  Hilary wasn't quite as impressed...
FAO Schwartz
Boom.  FAO Schwartz.  THE Big Piano.  Amazing.  (The employees were a bit robotic, but whatever.)  And since we were in a toy store late at night, we had it pretty much to ourselves.  Another highlight of the store was playing with the animal puppets with Hayden.  (They were very creative… a rat with a backpack, a tortoise, hamster, I can’t remember the animal that came out of the trash can.)  We could have entertained ourselves there for an hour.
Central Park
At one point we were walking around and Hilary & I were just laughing, laughing, laughing.  Hayden said, “Yeah that was funny.” very sarcastically.  Then we just kept laughing more.  Hayden then said, “You two must be delirious.”  That was one of my favorite parts of the week:  walking in the freezing cold, talking about nothing in particular and having a good no real reason laugh, but just letting go.
Times Square
Hilary & I had a system walking around.  She would say, "Let take a picture of this."  Expecting me to snap the shot and send her all of the photos afterwards.  (We came up with this system last Friday and it worked a-ok.)
Here we took the obligatory tourist photo...of Hayden taking the obligatory tourist photo ;)
bye 2013...you've been...interesting
When my flight landed in Chicago and I looked out the window and saw all the snow I thought, "Oh hello snow."  full disclosure:  Those may not have been weren't my exact thoughts.

Oh, how I dislike winter, yes, I am fully aware it's not even winter yet.  This is the main reason I ask myself how much longer I can stay in Chicago.  

But as I came back into the city from NYC, NYC is fun and stuff, but Chicago is home...for now.

Comments

  1. ♪ Catchin' up on Lisa's blog ♫
    ♬ Wishing I didn't have to do so many captchas ♪
    ♪ Wishin' I was better at captchas♫
    ♫ New York looks so pretty! ♪♩

    (The song in my head. The music notes don't align to anything. I don't know music.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha, but i love that you inserted music notes!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Veggie Tinga

I made Vegetarian Tinga for a mexican pot luck I went to on Tuesday.


Many people have never heard of Tinga, let alone knowing you can make it vegetarian style.  You absolutely can!  And it's so easy.


Traditional tinga is made of shredded chicken with chipotle flavoring.  I used cabbage instead of the chicken.


I looked at a lot of different recipes online, but couldn't find a recipe for the veggie tinga I had in mind, so I ended up combining the guidelines of those recipes and making my own.


Here's what I did:


1 onion
1 head of cabbage
1 7oz. can chipotle (the peppers in adobo sauce)
5 ish roma tomatoes
olive oil


-Saute onion in olive oil.
-Chop cabbage (I used youtube to help me figure out the best way to do that) add to onion and saute.
-Blend the chipotle and tomatoes in blender.
Note:  Some people only like to add the sauce from the chipotle peppers.  I added the entire can (including the peppers themselves).  It's up to you depending on how spicy you want it.  (I like my food s…

Registration

*Karen tells me that is not what I'm supposed to say, but it makes sense in my head...

Saturday I was in San Antonio for work, I did get to hang out with a friend while I was in town so that definitely made the trip better, combined with the fact that the volunteers there are just wonderful.

I knew Sunday was going to be overwhelming before I left on Friday.  I always write lists when I'm overwhelmed, I wrote a list.  (Even though I hardly referenced it on Sunday.)  Just writing it down helps me feel better.

Sunday we registered for at two places, starting at 9am.  When we finished the second one (which we were both dragging ourselves through) it felt like it was time for bed...it was 2pm.  Guys, this experience brought so much clarity to people's registerys.  I would not necessarily say it was a fun experience.  And I am very happy Mike seems to have a vision because we would limit the insane number of options down to a couple options together and then I would say I don'…

Moisturizer

I said when I turned 30 in January I was going to start using moisturizer.  Now, 6 months later, I can say I've kind of achieved the goal, but not really...

I have a moisturizer from several years ago, which I received as a Christmas gift.  I used it off and on over the years, mostly off.  I've probably used it more this year than ever before, granted the bar was very low.

I don't like it though.  I don't like the smell or really how it feels either.

Then I heard True Botanicals released a lower-priced Basics collection designed for younger skin, technically for people in their 20s, but whatever.  I decided to try their hydrating oil (the smallest one) to see if I am able to be consistent with use.

First impression: I'm still figuring out how much to use, but I love the smell.