Skip to main content

Bus Rides

Yesterday morning after getting almost 2 feet of snow Sunday and working from home Monday I thought I could bike to work.  In my defense, they do keep the bike path pretty clear.

I biked about a half mile, almost wiped out several times, had to walk through extreme patches of ice, thought about the impossibility of biking this in the dark on the way home, and turned around.  I put my bike safely in my place and headed to the bus.

My bus ride to work was not horrible.  It was normal.  I stood and listened to this girl on her phone complaining about a wedding she's going to.  (That part isn't necessarily normal.)

Then it was time to head home for the evening.  As I crossed the street I saw my bus at my stop and I was hustling.  There's only so much you can do when there's limited space to walk (they don't shovel the entire sidewalk) and lots of people.  I missed the bus.  I waited 8 minutes.  The next bus didn't even stop.  I waited 8 more minutes and decided I wasn't waiting anymore.

Did I mention it was snowing?  I was pretty wet at this point.

I walked to the red line and the line was out the stairs.  I have never seen this before.  As I looked at the snaking line, I looked up and saw another bus I could take.

An hour and a half after I left the office I got home.  This is not normal, my friends.  One of my co-workers said it took her two hours.

Today I got home from the gym and wondered how I can make the bus more enjoyable.

I decided to make some coffee to enjoy while en route.  I don't know if it was the coffee, the fact that I got a seat & could read, or the short wait for the bus.  I wasn't even annoyed when I stepped off the bus in snow past my knees.

Sometimes it's just making the decision to be ok.

We'll see how the bus ride home goes...and tomorrow.


Popular posts from this blog

Veggie Tinga

I made Vegetarian Tinga for a mexican pot luck I went to on Tuesday.

Many people have never heard of Tinga, let alone knowing you can make it vegetarian style.  You absolutely can!  And it's so easy.

Traditional tinga is made of shredded chicken with chipotle flavoring.  I used cabbage instead of the chicken.

I looked at a lot of different recipes online, but couldn't find a recipe for the veggie tinga I had in mind, so I ended up combining the guidelines of those recipes and making my own.

Here's what I did:

1 onion
1 head of cabbage
1 7oz. can chipotle (the peppers in adobo sauce)
5 ish roma tomatoes
olive oil

-Saute onion in olive oil.
-Chop cabbage (I used youtube to help me figure out the best way to do that) add to onion and saute.
-Blend the chipotle and tomatoes in blender.
Note:  Some people only like to add the sauce from the chipotle peppers.  I added the entire can (including the peppers themselves).  It's up to you depending on how spicy you want it.  (I like my food s…

Week Notes

The teenagers from Parkland are giving me so much hope.  So much hope.  I think this is the first time I've read a political news article and smiled since Nov. 8, 2016.

Is the Tide commercial making anyone else cry during the Olympics?

As someone who's not generally a TV fan, how is it possible for me to get so involved, so quickly, in every sport?  Which by the way I know nothing about.

Anyone ever try Door Dash.  I'm not big on delivery services in general, but after a bad experience with Grub Hub we gave Door Dash a try and we are fans.

When a friend recommends a happy hour place, you go.  So Thursday morning a friend told me about Mangia Italiano.  Thursday happy hour Mike & I were there.


*Karen tells me that is not what I'm supposed to say, but it makes sense in my head...

Saturday I was in San Antonio for work, I did get to hang out with a friend while I was in town so that definitely made the trip better, combined with the fact that the volunteers there are just wonderful.

I knew Sunday was going to be overwhelming before I left on Friday.  I always write lists when I'm overwhelmed, I wrote a list.  (Even though I hardly referenced it on Sunday.)  Just writing it down helps me feel better.

Sunday we registered for at two places, starting at 9am.  When we finished the second one (which we were both dragging ourselves through) it felt like it was time for was 2pm.  Guys, this experience brought so much clarity to people's registerys.  I would not necessarily say it was a fun experience.  And I am very happy Mike seems to have a vision because we would limit the insane number of options down to a couple options together and then I would say I don'…