Skip to main content

Father's Day

Sunday is Father's Day!

We had a bit of an early celebration this year, even though we'll actually be spending the actual day together on the beach ;)

Sunday we all sat down for breakfast in the sun room and Karen & I pulled out our Father's Day gifts.

I'm definitely a card person and I'm not lying when I say I found the perfect card this year.  My mom thought I wrote the book titles on the card, they were so perfect for my dad.  Thank you to Powell's in Portland!

Then comes the gift.  Karen & I went back and forth with what we should give Dad this year.  He's definitely a barbecuer, he loves baseball, he likes to read, but doesn't want any more books at the moment.  We've all dipped in each of those interests for gifts in the past.

Karen ended up with a picture business card holder, with this gem on the fancy silver  "It's a conversation starter"

I decided to give Sprezza Box a try.
Sprezza Box is a men's subscription box with 4-5 lifestyle items and a grooming product.  Each month you receive a box "chosen based on seasons, current fashion trends and most importantly the quality."
I sent my Dad one box.  He wears a suit everyday, but he's a bit more on the classic side of fashion, rather than the trend side.  (And that's how we love you, Dado.)
As he opened it at the table none of us knew what to expect.
He didn't need any of it, but we all got a good laugh at his expressions and he'll definitely use some of it!  In my book that's a win!

What was in the box?

  • Toothpaste - as he showed everything to my grandma when we visited her later in the day, he said, "Designer Toothpaste."  We all burst out laughing.
  • A shoe horn.  A fancy one.  He uses his all the time, but this one's fancy ;)
  • A new tie!  He has more ties than anyone I know, but it's one I think he'll wear and my mom texted me today to say Michael from Kelly & Michael wore the same tie today.  Pretty fancy
  • Pocket square.  Luckily his month's was classic and my mom sent me a picture today with it sprucing up his normal suit!
  • And, finally, a pair of socks.  These socks were not outrageous in my mind.  They were a simple red and blue stripe.  The jokes started though because my dad wears nothing but black socks with his suits.  Plain black.  I told him it would be fun to spruce up his outfit and as he scoffed, my mom suggested he wear them with jeans.  And he did...for the rest of the day.  By far the funniest/funnest item in the box :)    (Oh how I wish I took a picture!)
What are you getting your dad for father's day?  
Do you have your card ready?  ;)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kitchen Safety

We moved!  We're in our new place and we just got wifi.  Wahoo! I definitely broke in the kitchen quickly.  I was making a panini type sandwich for a potluck get together so I preheated the oven.  The next thing I knew the fire alarm was going off.  Let me tell you they did not skimp on a very loud fire alarm.  Ahhhhhhhh I opened the oven, which I know you're not supposed to do.  In the moment, I think I needed to see what I was dealing with.  There were definite flames.  Ahhhhhhhh So I called Mike while trying to google what to do.  He was super calm the entire call while I freaked out (it probably helped that he couldn't see the smoke billowing out of the oven).   He said to throw baking soda on it.  I did.  It seemed to fizzle but came back. I searched the apartment for a fire extinguisher (maybe I should have looked for one before this moment). This is while I kept trying to silence the fire alarm (to no avail) and open windows to let out smoke. Then Mike
I have a few things to update on today =) Oh I just finished the best meal I've had since I arrived and it was oh sooooo good! I'm so full and happy right now! It was a mexican meal so at least i know i'm going to the right country. yesterday Tere asked me to lead a little yoga class. automatically i said yes because that's how i am, but on the walk from the classroom to outside i started to get nervous. the only person i ever lead in yoga was karen & she laughed the majority of the time (it doesn't really count). i just took deep breaths and i did it. it actually was great. once we started i was able to integrate some favorite posses of the people in the class it was great towards the end when marcelle (who is rather soft spoken, but i love her) lead a few poses as well. i was actually happy with myself. namaste i love our group. everyone is similar that we all have this interest to do missionary work, but we are all very unique and different at the s

Spring!

Yes, I know it is not spring yet.   Today's the meteorological beginning of spring or something, isn't it? I definitely suffered some winter blues last month (yeah, it's March!). Check out these tulip fields for your Friday! Normann Szkop  took awesome photos while flying over Dutch  tulip fields . ( via ) p.s. Two days later I'm still feeling amazing after my juice cleanse .  Yes, it's possible that's not what it's from, but considering nothing else has really changed (except starting a new month, which I am so excited about), it's getting the credit. HAPPY FRIDAY & HAPPY MARCH!