Skip to main content

This Week...

This week felt insane.  Here are a few notes:

*I got a free oil change.  Because they took forever...and I let them know it.  Karen was trying to get me to relax and smile and I refused.

*Big Chicks has great weekday specials.  $1 burger or veggie dog w/ fries.  Okay

*I found myself practically sprinting...everywhere...during work hours.  This conference, man, I'm pretty excited for it to be over.
Justine: Are you excited for P3 to be over?
I didn't even let her finish Me:  Yes.

*Me = So Tired

*I got to ride my new bike to work all week.  Which is so lovely and much safer than my bad weather bike.  Yes, I realize this doesn't make much sense.  Although today while the sand pelted my new bike with the strong wind, I kept thinking, 'not my new bike! stop getting sand in my new bike's chain.'

*Working on scrapbook catching up.

*Ran my largest (and probably most important) meeting at work.  It went well.  Hooray!

*I love having my gym group.  It keep me going even when I'm tired (read: my current state).

*Two actual nice days this week.  I will accept our fate.  Today I wished I had gloves.
Dear Chicago, I wish we could have more than two days of average spring-like temperatures.

*People seemed really into national doughnut day today.  I didn't participate, but I do really enjoy it's origin.

*I also love/hate my spin instructor knowing me.  Why would I hate that?  Because he comes over and says (while we're sprinting), "At 45 seconds I want a kick.  At 30 seconds I want another."  (I never said he's not demanding...that's why I like him.)  Kick means more speed, resistance or both.  It's a good work out though.

*I feel crazy, like I can't relax or form a real sentence outside of work.  I find myself making work lists on my phone because during the day I don't have any time to do much real thinking...I'm just doing, trying to answer all the questions.

The good news:  my conference is next week and then cue all the celebrations!  Also, my association prioritizes receptions so at the end of each day I have an enjoyable reception to attend.  I'll take it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spring!

Yes, I know it is not spring yet.   Today's the meteorological beginning of spring or something, isn't it? I definitely suffered some winter blues last month (yeah, it's March!). Check out these tulip fields for your Friday! Normann Szkop  took awesome photos while flying over Dutch  tulip fields . ( via ) p.s. Two days later I'm still feeling amazing after my juice cleanse .  Yes, it's possible that's not what it's from, but considering nothing else has really changed (except starting a new month, which I am so excited about), it's getting the credit. HAPPY FRIDAY & HAPPY MARCH!
I have a few things to update on today =) Oh I just finished the best meal I've had since I arrived and it was oh sooooo good! I'm so full and happy right now! It was a mexican meal so at least i know i'm going to the right country. yesterday Tere asked me to lead a little yoga class. automatically i said yes because that's how i am, but on the walk from the classroom to outside i started to get nervous. the only person i ever lead in yoga was karen & she laughed the majority of the time (it doesn't really count). i just took deep breaths and i did it. it actually was great. once we started i was able to integrate some favorite posses of the people in the class it was great towards the end when marcelle (who is rather soft spoken, but i love her) lead a few poses as well. i was actually happy with myself. namaste i love our group. everyone is similar that we all have this interest to do missionary work, but we are all very unique and different at the s

Kitchen Safety

We moved!  We're in our new place and we just got wifi.  Wahoo! I definitely broke in the kitchen quickly.  I was making a panini type sandwich for a potluck get together so I preheated the oven.  The next thing I knew the fire alarm was going off.  Let me tell you they did not skimp on a very loud fire alarm.  Ahhhhhhhh I opened the oven, which I know you're not supposed to do.  In the moment, I think I needed to see what I was dealing with.  There were definite flames.  Ahhhhhhhh So I called Mike while trying to google what to do.  He was super calm the entire call while I freaked out (it probably helped that he couldn't see the smoke billowing out of the oven).   He said to throw baking soda on it.  I did.  It seemed to fizzle but came back. I searched the apartment for a fire extinguisher (maybe I should have looked for one before this moment). This is while I kept trying to silence the fire alarm (to no avail) and open windows to let out smoke. Then Mike