Skip to main content

December Happenings

We all talk about how busy the summer is.  How we need to squeeze everything in.  And we run around like crazy for three months and almost need the break that fall brings.  (Right, Chicagoans?)  I would almost venture to say December is the busiest month of the year.

so 
much
to
do

Last weekend was crazy fun and super busy!

No better way to start than at Bridgeport Coffee before checking out Renegade.  

Pause:  Scratch that.  We started the day at Walgreens.  I decided I wanted lipstick like the girl wears in Spectre in the dining scene.  And I decided to go where I go for all my make-up needs:  Walgreens.  I searched and searched while referencing a photo on my phone.  I found one I thought was satisfactory.  

Back to Renegade.  So swamped.  We got there right when it started and I am glad we did because as we were leaving it seemed to be even busier!  We did take a photo booth photo which is hilarious.  I love it, but I think we failed a little.  Karen & Molly aren't ready in the first shot.  In the set of 3 photos, we only see Mike's teeth.  Nothing else.  It was fun though!
Too many people for a photo booth?  NEVER!  For the record while I scrolled through photo booth photos looking for this one, many people mastered four people in the booth.  We just need a little more practice...  Thank you mag booth.  Their photo booth is my favorite!

One of Mike's basketball teams, Ceighton, was playing Loyola so we went up to Roger's Park to watch the game.  It was a very exciting game, even if Creighton lost.

And we wrapped up the day at Sheffield's celebrating 30 years of Bells.  And it was lovely.  Especially once we got a table away from the tarp to outside.

 Mango habanero beer ... yum  |  someone turned 30 the same year as Bell's

Sunday I got myself out of bed early to start on Christmas cards (note: Dec. 6 I had not even started...we'll see how this goes) and clean around my place a little.  

We spent the majority of the day at my sister's getting our holiday grove on.  

We purchased our first tree from a parking lot.  If you want a real tree in Chicago, most of them are in parking lots.  One girl drove up and started talking about how sketchy it seemed and really all it said is she's new in town.  Then we carried it home.  Quite different that what we're used to picking out the tree in a forest tree farm, but still exciting to have a real tree!


We set-up the tree and jumped into cookie baking.  Yum!

We started Love Actually, finished the baking, had some pizza and it was amazing.

I went home and kept working on cards...

And December continues...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Veggie Tinga

I made Vegetarian Tinga for a mexican pot luck I went to on Tuesday.


Many people have never heard of Tinga, let alone knowing you can make it vegetarian style.  You absolutely can!  And it's so easy.


Traditional tinga is made of shredded chicken with chipotle flavoring.  I used cabbage instead of the chicken.


I looked at a lot of different recipes online, but couldn't find a recipe for the veggie tinga I had in mind, so I ended up combining the guidelines of those recipes and making my own.


Here's what I did:


1 onion
1 head of cabbage
1 7oz. can chipotle (the peppers in adobo sauce)
5 ish roma tomatoes
olive oil


-Saute onion in olive oil.
-Chop cabbage (I used youtube to help me figure out the best way to do that) add to onion and saute.
-Blend the chipotle and tomatoes in blender.
Note:  Some people only like to add the sauce from the chipotle peppers.  I added the entire can (including the peppers themselves).  It's up to you depending on how spicy you want it.  (I like my food s…

5 Year Journal - Again

I know I've mentioned my 5 year journal here before, but now that I'm in my second year and everyday I get to look back at what I did that day last year I can't tell you how much I love it.  And I imagine I will love it more and more as the years go on.  I'm already dreaming of year 5!  

It takes a maximum of 5 minutes to jot down a few notes from the day and then you move on.

I have this one.  (I'm pretty sure it was more than $12 when my grandma got it for me so that looks like a steal.)
But this one looks amazing!

I turned 30!

Guys, I turned 30 a week ago!  And had my big celebration almost two weeks ago.  It's been a busy couple weeks, but I'm here, now, to tell you about it!

Celebration #1
I started the celebrations with a small Logan Square bar crawl.  It was honestly really fun.  I really wasn't sure what to expect.  With us starting at 3 and traveling to 4 bars I assumed we would be done by ... 8:30..?  I got home at 12:30.  Whew.  My friends know how to party.

We started at Hopewell at 3.  I think this was the perfect first stop for a few reasons.  Hopewell is BUSY on the weekends, even during the day.  This was an easy place for people to filter in and gather as they were able to make it, in a bright and energetic place.  Then as it got more and more busy, we moved on.  Don't get there any later than 3 if you're meeting a group.  We got one of the last "spaces" when we walked in.

Then we traveled down Milwaukee to Rocking Horse.  This was a last minute decision.  I leaned th…