Skip to main content

I'm Here!

Guys, things have been insane.  I'm at the typical point in my summer where I just feel exhausted.  And then I think, 'Good job, Lisa, you've done good with summer.'  Here in Chicago, where we have 4 months of lovely weather (in my opinion) a year, you have to make the most of it.  And every summer around this time, I start to feel the exhaustion set in.

Also, I noticed during my wake-up call Wednesday, the days are getting shorter, friends.  Boo.


So let's see, what have I been up to?


Lots of time outside.  This whole central A/C thing in our new place is really throwing me off.  It's the first time I've had central A/C since I lived with my parents 11 years ago and I am not used to waking up and not immediately knowing what the weather is like.  So patios are all the sweeter.


We moved!  We successfully moved.  Moving weekend was not fun at all.  Not at all.  But we saved so much money and I was sore for probably 4 days.  (I'm counting that as a positive.)  Mike has unpacked all his boxes...I have not.  But I like to think I make a little progress everyday.

My parent's came to visit and see our new place while celebrating my sister's birthday (a bit early).  We hung out in Logan Square with brunch at The General and farmer's market fun.  Then we went sailing.  I love the relaxation of the water.

mom desired a trip on the ferris wheel!
Yes, I miss Lakeview sometimes, but I really do love Logan Square.  And we still went to Dry Hop on Sunday.  We just rode our bikes, rather than walking.

I went to Indiana for work and Mike & I explored Fort Wayne and Indianapolis before heading back to Chicago.  We were able to visit Sun King Brewery and the neighborhood Mass Ave. in Indianapolis, which we really liked.


I spent a weekend in Missouri with my parents and niece and nephew.

It's a good thing I have these two as my doctors since i never seem to make time for a real one...
My niece and nephew also visited Chicago with my brother and sister-in-law for a couple days.  Those two can keep you busy!



Seeing lots of friends and getting lots of blisters from so much walking.  I am not complaining.  How nice to be able to walk for so long outside!


I love living on Logan Boulevard.  Saturday we were sitting outside and started to hear music so we went to investigate until we found there was a free concert by the monument!


We're also becoming a bit spoiled with parking.  If the spots right in front of our place are taken, I sigh and park a block away.  A month ago, Mike would rejoice when he found parking 4 blocks away.


Now I'm rambling, but I'm starting to feel like I have a bit of a handle on life.  I even texted one of my friends who Mike & I ran into when we looked at the apartment we're now living in.  She said we should get together once I'm settled and I just got around to it...oh well.  Summer and Chicago.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kitchen Safety

We moved!  We're in our new place and we just got wifi.  Wahoo! I definitely broke in the kitchen quickly.  I was making a panini type sandwich for a potluck get together so I preheated the oven.  The next thing I knew the fire alarm was going off.  Let me tell you they did not skimp on a very loud fire alarm.  Ahhhhhhhh I opened the oven, which I know you're not supposed to do.  In the moment, I think I needed to see what I was dealing with.  There were definite flames.  Ahhhhhhhh So I called Mike while trying to google what to do.  He was super calm the entire call while I freaked out (it probably helped that he couldn't see the smoke billowing out of the oven).   He said to throw baking soda on it.  I did.  It seemed to fizzle but came back. I searched the apartment for a fire extinguisher (maybe I should have looked for one before this moment). This is while I kept trying to silence the fire alarm (to no avail) and open windows to let out smoke. Then Mike
I have a few things to update on today =) Oh I just finished the best meal I've had since I arrived and it was oh sooooo good! I'm so full and happy right now! It was a mexican meal so at least i know i'm going to the right country. yesterday Tere asked me to lead a little yoga class. automatically i said yes because that's how i am, but on the walk from the classroom to outside i started to get nervous. the only person i ever lead in yoga was karen & she laughed the majority of the time (it doesn't really count). i just took deep breaths and i did it. it actually was great. once we started i was able to integrate some favorite posses of the people in the class it was great towards the end when marcelle (who is rather soft spoken, but i love her) lead a few poses as well. i was actually happy with myself. namaste i love our group. everyone is similar that we all have this interest to do missionary work, but we are all very unique and different at the s

Spring!

Yes, I know it is not spring yet.   Today's the meteorological beginning of spring or something, isn't it? I definitely suffered some winter blues last month (yeah, it's March!). Check out these tulip fields for your Friday! Normann Szkop  took awesome photos while flying over Dutch  tulip fields . ( via ) p.s. Two days later I'm still feeling amazing after my juice cleanse .  Yes, it's possible that's not what it's from, but considering nothing else has really changed (except starting a new month, which I am so excited about), it's getting the credit. HAPPY FRIDAY & HAPPY MARCH!