Skip to main content

i love jean fridays

i really do like my job...seriously. #1 because it's a job, but for reals.

I love jean Fridays. This is silly, but I'm not used to dressing up everyday, considering I've never done it before in my life. I will say as an update from my shopping for work clothes. I did some thrift shopping and did very well if I say so myself. I actually got a pair of Ann Taylor nice pants, with the tag still on saying $98 for $11. I did have to pay $8 to get them hemmed, but I don't think that's bad at all...I guess they might be a little loose too, but I'm not complaining. They're perfect. And my next plan of action is to hit up after christmas sales like whoa. Anyways Fridays if I don't have any programs on the floor I get to wear jeans. Yippee!

I love my view. I try to go upstairs to the Cafe as often as possible and I take a seat right by the window so when I look up from my book I see one of the best views of the skyline in the city. I'm definitely blessed to see it everyday (or almost).

I love nice bus drivers. I have had some grumpy ones (i say good morning to them anyway), but i've also had some super nice ones. Today my bus was just leaving my stop as i rounded the corner so i sprint walked down the opposite side of the street and was so happy to see my bus got a red light so i crossed right in front of it and the bus driver let me on even though it wasn't technically a bus stop. (Many times they won't do that.) So then I thanked him profusely & told him the whole story. He just laughed.

i love that if i get bored i can always go up to the museum and interact with many different people. from the staff to the people attending the museum.

i love that soon i'll be leaving the museum a lot to go to schools and parks. creating even more of a variety in my days. including fluctuating hours too. i like that.

i love that we use macs.

i love that they recycle everything. i was even able to recycle my dad's old cell phone, the cord, and battery all in one quick stop to our recycling space. each trash can (at the desks) have a large container and a small one. the large one is for all recycling and the small one is for trash.

i love that i'm always learning. honestly, space has never been a big interest of mine, although i've always loved the stars. but i do love learning.

i really do like it here and i can't wait to see the job develop further as well.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kitchen Safety

We moved!  We're in our new place and we just got wifi.  Wahoo! I definitely broke in the kitchen quickly.  I was making a panini type sandwich for a potluck get together so I preheated the oven.  The next thing I knew the fire alarm was going off.  Let me tell you they did not skimp on a very loud fire alarm.  Ahhhhhhhh I opened the oven, which I know you're not supposed to do.  In the moment, I think I needed to see what I was dealing with.  There were definite flames.  Ahhhhhhhh So I called Mike while trying to google what to do.  He was super calm the entire call while I freaked out (it probably helped that he couldn't see the smoke billowing out of the oven).   He said to throw baking soda on it.  I did.  It seemed to fizzle but came back. I searched the apartment for a fire extinguisher (maybe I should have looked for one before this moment). This is while I kept trying to silence the fire alarm (to no avail) and open windows to let out smoke. Then Mike
I have a few things to update on today =) Oh I just finished the best meal I've had since I arrived and it was oh sooooo good! I'm so full and happy right now! It was a mexican meal so at least i know i'm going to the right country. yesterday Tere asked me to lead a little yoga class. automatically i said yes because that's how i am, but on the walk from the classroom to outside i started to get nervous. the only person i ever lead in yoga was karen & she laughed the majority of the time (it doesn't really count). i just took deep breaths and i did it. it actually was great. once we started i was able to integrate some favorite posses of the people in the class it was great towards the end when marcelle (who is rather soft spoken, but i love her) lead a few poses as well. i was actually happy with myself. namaste i love our group. everyone is similar that we all have this interest to do missionary work, but we are all very unique and different at the s

Spring!

Yes, I know it is not spring yet.   Today's the meteorological beginning of spring or something, isn't it? I definitely suffered some winter blues last month (yeah, it's March!). Check out these tulip fields for your Friday! Normann Szkop  took awesome photos while flying over Dutch  tulip fields . ( via ) p.s. Two days later I'm still feeling amazing after my juice cleanse .  Yes, it's possible that's not what it's from, but considering nothing else has really changed (except starting a new month, which I am so excited about), it's getting the credit. HAPPY FRIDAY & HAPPY MARCH!