Skip to main content

Opening Day at Busch

Today is a very exciting day.  It involves many red convertibles with special hall of famers dressed in bright red blazers.  Clydesdales circling a special stadium.  A sea of red.  Smiling faces and rounds of applause.  Peanuts.  Pretzels.

OPENING DAY AT BUSCH STADIUM




This year, the Cardinals Museum is opening in Ballpark Village, which is also very exciting.  (kind-of hoping it works out that I can visit Easter weekend)


I love this article so much that came out about Yadi during Spring Training:
Molina also wants to win for Cardinals fans. He made it a point to mention that when he cited the factors that motivate him to give his best ... and to be the best. And the fans were a reason he signed a five-year, $75 million contract that runs through 2017.Molina surely could have cashed in for more money by taking his name, and all-around game, to the free agent market.“Maybe, but you want to be at a place where you can be happy with your family,” Molina said. “And every time I play a game in St. Louis, I’m happy. The last 10 years have been truly amazing. The way the fans treat me, even when I was a young player, doing bad, they treated me right. I mean, just for that I decided to stay here.“For me it’s nothing better than being a Cardinal and being in that city. For me it’s as special as it can be. I am having fun there. I love the organization, the team that we have, and the effort they put in every year to try to win. The fans show up for every game, and give you all of the support you could ask for. I don’t think there’s any place like this.”


In other news, my new co-workers found out about my Cardinals obsession last week at the conference (apparently I can't keep my mouth shut for one week).  Lucky for me, they're all Sox fans.  When I said I am a Cardinals fan after they asked, they just said a relieved, "oh." Rather than the negative comments I have started receiving.  So that's nice. Especially considering, I am using my Cardinals mug at the office. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kitchen Safety

We moved!  We're in our new place and we just got wifi.  Wahoo! I definitely broke in the kitchen quickly.  I was making a panini type sandwich for a potluck get together so I preheated the oven.  The next thing I knew the fire alarm was going off.  Let me tell you they did not skimp on a very loud fire alarm.  Ahhhhhhhh I opened the oven, which I know you're not supposed to do.  In the moment, I think I needed to see what I was dealing with.  There were definite flames.  Ahhhhhhhh So I called Mike while trying to google what to do.  He was super calm the entire call while I freaked out (it probably helped that he couldn't see the smoke billowing out of the oven).   He said to throw baking soda on it.  I did.  It seemed to fizzle but came back. I searched the apartment for a fire extinguisher (maybe I should have looked for one before this moment). This is while I kept trying to silence the fire alarm (to no avail) and open windows to let out smoke. Then Mike
I have a few things to update on today =) Oh I just finished the best meal I've had since I arrived and it was oh sooooo good! I'm so full and happy right now! It was a mexican meal so at least i know i'm going to the right country. yesterday Tere asked me to lead a little yoga class. automatically i said yes because that's how i am, but on the walk from the classroom to outside i started to get nervous. the only person i ever lead in yoga was karen & she laughed the majority of the time (it doesn't really count). i just took deep breaths and i did it. it actually was great. once we started i was able to integrate some favorite posses of the people in the class it was great towards the end when marcelle (who is rather soft spoken, but i love her) lead a few poses as well. i was actually happy with myself. namaste i love our group. everyone is similar that we all have this interest to do missionary work, but we are all very unique and different at the s

Spring!

Yes, I know it is not spring yet.   Today's the meteorological beginning of spring or something, isn't it? I definitely suffered some winter blues last month (yeah, it's March!). Check out these tulip fields for your Friday! Normann Szkop  took awesome photos while flying over Dutch  tulip fields . ( via ) p.s. Two days later I'm still feeling amazing after my juice cleanse .  Yes, it's possible that's not what it's from, but considering nothing else has really changed (except starting a new month, which I am so excited about), it's getting the credit. HAPPY FRIDAY & HAPPY MARCH!