Skip to main content

Saturday

Some days just turn out to be more eventful than you planned.

Saturday was one of those days.

Mike & I walked to Filter Cafe, a coffee place near his place, for some breakfast.  I grabbed a Reader and we started flipping through it.

We finished and I flipped the newspaper shut.  Then we looked at the full page ad on the back.  312's having a block party?  On goose island?  Matt + Kim are playing?  Jukebox the Ghost is playing?  Local H is playing?  It's not on goose island, it's in the west loop?  Hmmmm?  (This is a combination of what we said.)

We were already planning to spend some time at Renegade Art Fair and go to his roommate's girlfriend's birthday party that night.  (Yes, I recognize that's confusing.)  So why not squeeze in a concert...?  Squeeze in we did.

After finishing our breakfast at Filter.  (Have I mentioned before how my mood is so affected by the weather?  Let's just say after a rough week and rain all night Friday, I was still coming out of my funk at this point.)  We went over to Transit Ts, a store Mike has wanted to check-out.  

And then we made our way to Renegade.  I love renegade so very much.  I made my christmas list, made some crafts and got a couple free things too.  It opened at 11.  We got there at 11:30 and I'm glad we did.  By the time we finished it was packed!

At Fat Pour we grabbed some food and watched some sports.  Nebraska football for Mike.  Cardinals baseball for me & Karen.  We even made a new friend and the Cardinals made the 9th interesting, even if they didn't win.

Off to the music festival.  I had no idea Goose Island developed an area in West Town, but it was super cute and all their beers that I haven't seen before were $3.  All beers were $3.  And it was $20 entry.  I vote yes.

We started off with Local H, which Mike was really excited for.  We got there just before they went on so I wandered around to find some port-a-pities (better shape than Renegades) and beers.  We all got back together and Karen and I started singing along to one of their songs.  We looked at each other and I asked Mike if that was one of their popular songs.  
Mike: No
Me & Karen:  Hmmmm
Karen: It must have been Jeff. (our brother)
Me: Yeah.  He used to listen to this type of music.
So, thanks, Jeffrey, we were able to sing along ;)
this was taken before this area was packed...and it was.
Jukebox the Ghost was up next and they are just so lovely.  I saw them on my birthday this year.  They were so thrown off at that show it wasn't even close to what I knew they were capable of and saw them do at LouFest the year before.

Then it started filling up.  We didn't really watch the next band and got ready for Matt + Kim.  

I originally thought I wanted to be close and then told Karen I wasn't having fun (it seemed like everyone was pushing) and I wanted to go back where I could see...something.  So that's what we did.  I stood on the edge of a curb and danced and peeked through people to see Matt + Kim.  It was lovely!

And we finished up the night at the party.

Quite a day.

What better way to wrap up the weekend at a cardinals game where I was so stressed it took me hours to really calm down after it was over.
I'm still wondering if injuring Yadi in that play at home was worth it...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I have a few things to update on today =) Oh I just finished the best meal I've had since I arrived and it was oh sooooo good! I'm so full and happy right now! It was a mexican meal so at least i know i'm going to the right country. yesterday Tere asked me to lead a little yoga class. automatically i said yes because that's how i am, but on the walk from the classroom to outside i started to get nervous. the only person i ever lead in yoga was karen & she laughed the majority of the time (it doesn't really count). i just took deep breaths and i did it. it actually was great. once we started i was able to integrate some favorite posses of the people in the class it was great towards the end when marcelle (who is rather soft spoken, but i love her) lead a few poses as well. i was actually happy with myself. namaste i love our group. everyone is similar that we all have this interest to do missionary work, but we are all very unique and different at the s

Birthday

i was yawning? Here I am: 28! Top 5 of 27: LouFest Marathon Florida (how can a vacation not make it?) New Job trip to Savannah to meet Callie ! My parents came to Chicago last weekend to help me celebrate & celebrate we did!  It was a super fun weekend!  And it was 40 degrees! Friday I was on the phone with a member from Kansas City.  He started chatting with me about the weather and I said, "we are currently experiencing a heat wave in Chicago of 34 degrees."  He responded, "it's supposed to be 60 here this weekend, we're going to pull out our bbq grills."  I laughed, but thought, 'why are my parents coming here?!? why am I not going where it's warm?!?' SIXTY DEGREES!  We won't see that til...april?  may? obsessed  i made a baby snowman, no one wanted to help so i went with a tiny one... ;) What I would give for the day off today!  I want a nap ;)

Skyline Views

I finished reading My Heart is an Idiot a couple weeks ago.  The author lived in Chicago for a bit and had several essays in the book where he mentioned Chicago. In one essay he mentioned the skyline view from Augusta & Wood.  I was curious so I decided to go for a bike ride and check out this "amazing" view of the skyline. This was it, people.   Hmmm.... I think I had a better view on the Damen bridge just north of Fullerton on my way there.  I am a sucker for the unexpected skyline views around the city (like on Damen).  I'll also throw in the view from Chicago and Halsted.  Also the orange line between Western and 35th/Archer is pretty amazing.  Do you have any places you love to take in the unexpected view? I'm not talking the Adler... I consider that expected.