Skip to main content

Summer Highlights

The summer is coming to a close and I am very sad to say good bye to my favorite season of the year.  Yes, my friends, we still have some left, but we're starting to round the corner.  (And the last couple weeks in Chicago have been chilly!)  All I can think about right now is LouFest, which I consider my end of summer (2 more weeks!) even though there's a lot happening within that time, I rounded up a few of my favorite things from this summer (in no particular order)

Italy 
This one's a guarantee, right?  But aside from it being Italy I loved what one of my bosses said when I got back, "How special that you had that time with your parents and sister."  It's true.  It may never happen again.  I'm very grateful I had that time, bickering and all.
Not to mention I don't feel like Chicago got very warm this summer.  This is where I got my heat for the year and it felt so good!
ROME! (yes, I know I still need to recap our Italy trip.)
Girls Weekend in Wisconsin
I just don't see these girls enough.  It was a perfect getaway and so lovely.  (read more)

Wine on Kelly's Roof
It was just a normal night.  We meet for dinner at one of our places.  This time we went to the roof (with a beautiful skyline view) with after dinner wine.  And for some reason, the normal night was amazing.

Florida
I love my family.  And I can't get enough of my niece and nephew.

The Lake
While I've spent far less time at the lake this summer since I moved to my place four years ago, I still appreciate every second.

Cardinals Games
Both on the radio and in person.  Of course.

Mike Turned 30
We made our rounds to ring this one in.  A couple things included kayaking on the Chicago River (which I heard kayaks are free in Manhattan and Brooklyn...jealous!), dinner at Bom Bolla, summer nights at Brookfield, Revolution Brewery tour, and a party to round up the week.


Karen's Birthday 
Karen's birthday is always a big thing and she likes it that way.  The birthday week included cardinals viewing with cake & pizza, food and drinks at Beer Bistro, Cirque du Soleil, an italian dinner, dinner with mom & mike at Hot Chocolate, billy joel, brewery tour of half acre.  Girl doesn't kid around when it comes to her birthday.





Add an assortment of parties and other outings.  It's been a busy summer.

Don't mind me while I save my pennies. ;)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I have a few things to update on today =) Oh I just finished the best meal I've had since I arrived and it was oh sooooo good! I'm so full and happy right now! It was a mexican meal so at least i know i'm going to the right country. yesterday Tere asked me to lead a little yoga class. automatically i said yes because that's how i am, but on the walk from the classroom to outside i started to get nervous. the only person i ever lead in yoga was karen & she laughed the majority of the time (it doesn't really count). i just took deep breaths and i did it. it actually was great. once we started i was able to integrate some favorite posses of the people in the class it was great towards the end when marcelle (who is rather soft spoken, but i love her) lead a few poses as well. i was actually happy with myself. namaste i love our group. everyone is similar that we all have this interest to do missionary work, but we are all very unique and different at the s

Birthday

i was yawning? Here I am: 28! Top 5 of 27: LouFest Marathon Florida (how can a vacation not make it?) New Job trip to Savannah to meet Callie ! My parents came to Chicago last weekend to help me celebrate & celebrate we did!  It was a super fun weekend!  And it was 40 degrees! Friday I was on the phone with a member from Kansas City.  He started chatting with me about the weather and I said, "we are currently experiencing a heat wave in Chicago of 34 degrees."  He responded, "it's supposed to be 60 here this weekend, we're going to pull out our bbq grills."  I laughed, but thought, 'why are my parents coming here?!? why am I not going where it's warm?!?' SIXTY DEGREES!  We won't see that til...april?  may? obsessed  i made a baby snowman, no one wanted to help so i went with a tiny one... ;) What I would give for the day off today!  I want a nap ;)

Skyline Views

I finished reading My Heart is an Idiot a couple weeks ago.  The author lived in Chicago for a bit and had several essays in the book where he mentioned Chicago. In one essay he mentioned the skyline view from Augusta & Wood.  I was curious so I decided to go for a bike ride and check out this "amazing" view of the skyline. This was it, people.   Hmmm.... I think I had a better view on the Damen bridge just north of Fullerton on my way there.  I am a sucker for the unexpected skyline views around the city (like on Damen).  I'll also throw in the view from Chicago and Halsted.  Also the orange line between Western and 35th/Archer is pretty amazing.  Do you have any places you love to take in the unexpected view? I'm not talking the Adler... I consider that expected.