Skip to main content

good bye show-me state

I'm getting ready to leave for my flight to San Antonio, Texas on Sunday. I'll be there for training until the 25th or 26th (they'll tell us once we get there). That's when I'll depart for Mexico City!

I had quite a week in the big MO
Monday I jumped right in to the doctors appointments & shots for preparation. I felt like I was 10 at the dentist because the person cleaning my teeth said i had beautiful teeth and i was the easiest clean she had all morning. I told her I would tell my mom. I did. And she was proud =)
I went over to Jess & Jarritt's to help bake zucchini bread (in heart molds) for their reception. I got in some drive time on county roads with LOUD music =) Then I watched as the sun set over rolling hills of fields full of cows as I made my way along a gravel road on the
way to their house. I made it. I left to the sound of crickets and I mean it. I walked out the door and said, "I'm not used to this sound." They both commented on how much they love it...
This is when i found out i'm walking with someone obnoxious at their wedding. that may not be the exact word they used, but that's what their faces said. i was like why are you telling me this? just throw it at me friday. then they said they have me with him because they knew i could handle him. i think it'll be fun.
Tuesday Started off the day with a nice levee run in the big field... running in ste. gen is a whole different ball game. everyone stares out their car at you to see who you are/who your parents are/who
your grandparents are
Headed to St. Louis for a segway tour of downtown =) the only trivia i knew was abo
ut the cards. we rode through the rain, but it wasn't TOO bad. I kept thinking when sarah, bryan, karen & i were at anheuser busch and i was reciting my tour from my job in high school (i was a tour guide). bryan said, "i think if you gave me a few minutes i could get the hang of it again" (he gave tours on segways). Sarah thought it was SO funny.
then the muny we got there and ended up leaving because of rain...not sure if the show was rained out or not
Wednesday Karen & I went to brunch. Our waiter told us we were awesome and when he walked away karen said she wasn't sure what we did to be awesome, but we'll take it =)
Watched the end of the Cards game on TV, which ended up being 3 hours long =) We started watching at the bottom of the 7th. It was definitely a suspenseful one-very good game. It even drew a crowd. Dad & I were watching and I think in the 14th inning Mom came in too. Cards won in the 15th with a walk-off hit by Pujols!
Thursday
Cardinals game was the big highlight! We didn't end up with a win, but you can't win 'em all. Holliday hit his first homerun as a cardinal! There were 2 cardinal homeruns which is always exciting... especially when you can see the fireworks. =) Had some delicious peanuts and throughly enjoyed crunching them under my feet.


I kind-of feel like a nomad right now. Chicago to Ste. Gen to Texas and then soon to D.F. While we were waiting to skydive Patrick asked me where I was from. What an interesting question at that moment when all my stuff was in the truck in the parking lot. So I attempted to quickly explain (i'm practicing a new skill of getting to the point when i tell a story... still not very good). The other instructor on my other side said, "So basically right now you're homeless." I said, "exactly." Why didn't I think to say that? =)

basically the rest of my time home is wedding stuff...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spring!

Yes, I know it is not spring yet.   Today's the meteorological beginning of spring or something, isn't it? I definitely suffered some winter blues last month (yeah, it's March!). Check out these tulip fields for your Friday! Normann Szkop  took awesome photos while flying over Dutch  tulip fields . ( via ) p.s. Two days later I'm still feeling amazing after my juice cleanse .  Yes, it's possible that's not what it's from, but considering nothing else has really changed (except starting a new month, which I am so excited about), it's getting the credit. HAPPY FRIDAY & HAPPY MARCH!
I have a few things to update on today =) Oh I just finished the best meal I've had since I arrived and it was oh sooooo good! I'm so full and happy right now! It was a mexican meal so at least i know i'm going to the right country. yesterday Tere asked me to lead a little yoga class. automatically i said yes because that's how i am, but on the walk from the classroom to outside i started to get nervous. the only person i ever lead in yoga was karen & she laughed the majority of the time (it doesn't really count). i just took deep breaths and i did it. it actually was great. once we started i was able to integrate some favorite posses of the people in the class it was great towards the end when marcelle (who is rather soft spoken, but i love her) lead a few poses as well. i was actually happy with myself. namaste i love our group. everyone is similar that we all have this interest to do missionary work, but we are all very unique and different at the s

Kitchen Safety

We moved!  We're in our new place and we just got wifi.  Wahoo! I definitely broke in the kitchen quickly.  I was making a panini type sandwich for a potluck get together so I preheated the oven.  The next thing I knew the fire alarm was going off.  Let me tell you they did not skimp on a very loud fire alarm.  Ahhhhhhhh I opened the oven, which I know you're not supposed to do.  In the moment, I think I needed to see what I was dealing with.  There were definite flames.  Ahhhhhhhh So I called Mike while trying to google what to do.  He was super calm the entire call while I freaked out (it probably helped that he couldn't see the smoke billowing out of the oven).   He said to throw baking soda on it.  I did.  It seemed to fizzle but came back. I searched the apartment for a fire extinguisher (maybe I should have looked for one before this moment). This is while I kept trying to silence the fire alarm (to no avail) and open windows to let out smoke. Then Mike