Skip to main content

my weekend was a lot like the weather

sunny with some clouds, beautiful, rainy, sleet

i recognize the importance of grieving and that's why i went home this weekend to be with my family.  i'm just really bad at it.  the first person i talked to thursday after work was karen and i yelled at her.  i rarely yell out of anger.  usually just to get people's attention or to be silly.  i totally yelled at her out of anger.  after apologizing several times, we made up.  that would qualify as sleet.  
like on my run saturday morning i had a couple blocks of sleet, that wasn't fun.

we had a few minor showers saturday though out the day.  
friday, basically as soon as i got to st. louis karen informed me i needed to get a shot.  i hate shots.  so thanks to karen's new job...
as i drove to my parents' with my mom friday night the smells of cows and skunks became stronger and stronger.  
oh and i had the full body scan at the airport before i even knew what was happening.  i think those rays can do some serious harm to your body and i'm not at the doctor so i don't want to take the risk.  next time they choose me, i will choose the other option.

when i got to st. louis it was beautiful.  mom & i ate our lunch outside and it was wonderful.  my first outside seating of 2011.
as mom & i approached my parents' we had a BEAUTIFUL full moon guiding us home, once we arrived i took my dad out and we looked at the stars i've been learning so much about.  in the beautiful weather.
sunday my run outside was just perfect.  i was a little worried saturday since i've been stuck indoors since christmas, but it was easier than i expected.  and sunday the weather was beautiful.  i almost felt over dressed with a long sleeve shirt and shorts.  and i think i was acceptable at my waving this time.  i only missed a few.  otherwise i tried to pay attention and as the driving cars waved at me, i really tried to wave at all of them in return and be a good ste. genevieve person.
dad, karen, & i went out to dinner at one of the few restaurants in ste. gen and we didn't know what to do because there weren't any tables.  so karen said we should go stand in the back where they said a table was opening up.  and it just became awkward very quickly.  dad suggested we check out the salad bar and i just burst out laughing through the whole ordeal.  karen said into the booth with it still dirty, then up out and then back in.  whew.  but so funny.
i got to catch-up with my longest best friend.  who i haven't seen in way too long.  it was a great little chat and she definitely squeezed me into her already busy weekend.  it was great.
my flight left.  over the pa they even said it might be canceled.  so i'm just glad we left.
karen treated me to my favorite bottle of wine from one of the local wineries.  now they're sold in st. louis, less expensive than at the winery itself!  she also treated me to body wash (nice stuff), but i wasn't thinking and had it in my carry-on so they took that away from me.  but i got the wine!


but through the whole weekend grandma was in my thoughts and i was so happy to be with my family and have them and listen to all kinds of stories about grandma.  and see her laid out at a personal viewing (11 people).  once again, i don't do well with loss.  so i definitely did not do well at the wake.  i just hope i didn't cause any permanent damage to karen's arm.

to work this week and back to st. louis next weekend for the funeral.

Comments

  1. Sounds like you had quite the roller coaster of a weekend. I'm so sorry for your loss <3 Take care.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Kitchen Safety

We moved!  We're in our new place and we just got wifi.  Wahoo! I definitely broke in the kitchen quickly.  I was making a panini type sandwich for a potluck get together so I preheated the oven.  The next thing I knew the fire alarm was going off.  Let me tell you they did not skimp on a very loud fire alarm.  Ahhhhhhhh I opened the oven, which I know you're not supposed to do.  In the moment, I think I needed to see what I was dealing with.  There were definite flames.  Ahhhhhhhh So I called Mike while trying to google what to do.  He was super calm the entire call while I freaked out (it probably helped that he couldn't see the smoke billowing out of the oven).   He said to throw baking soda on it.  I did.  It seemed to fizzle but came back. I searched the apartment for a fire extinguisher (maybe I should have looked for one before this moment). This is while I kept trying to silence the fire alarm (to no avail) and open windows to let out smoke. Then Mike
I have a few things to update on today =) Oh I just finished the best meal I've had since I arrived and it was oh sooooo good! I'm so full and happy right now! It was a mexican meal so at least i know i'm going to the right country. yesterday Tere asked me to lead a little yoga class. automatically i said yes because that's how i am, but on the walk from the classroom to outside i started to get nervous. the only person i ever lead in yoga was karen & she laughed the majority of the time (it doesn't really count). i just took deep breaths and i did it. it actually was great. once we started i was able to integrate some favorite posses of the people in the class it was great towards the end when marcelle (who is rather soft spoken, but i love her) lead a few poses as well. i was actually happy with myself. namaste i love our group. everyone is similar that we all have this interest to do missionary work, but we are all very unique and different at the s

Spring!

Yes, I know it is not spring yet.   Today's the meteorological beginning of spring or something, isn't it? I definitely suffered some winter blues last month (yeah, it's March!). Check out these tulip fields for your Friday! Normann Szkop  took awesome photos while flying over Dutch  tulip fields . ( via ) p.s. Two days later I'm still feeling amazing after my juice cleanse .  Yes, it's possible that's not what it's from, but considering nothing else has really changed (except starting a new month, which I am so excited about), it's getting the credit. HAPPY FRIDAY & HAPPY MARCH!