Skip to main content

easter recap

whew what a trip.

it felt like there was not a moment of downtime during my trip to missouri for easter.

you heard about the trip home...ugh.  that would not be placed in the positive column.  but i know many people had it worse than me.  i worry about my grandma friend (vicki).  she decided to spend the night on a cot in the terminal and rebook for saturday.  turns out saturday lambert wasn't up and running yet.  so i'm sure she's back by now, but i hope she got home in time for her Easter brunch.  then as mom & i drove to the airport this morning that area got hit hard.  so many houses...  
say a little prayer for them.

saturday was a full day with completing the final leg of my journey to ste. gen, helping my parents move into their new house, visiting with one of my high school friends and getting to see the house her and her husband are building (it's beautiful), going to mass as a family.  and it rained off and on all day.  it was a packed day!
all that on like 2-3 hours of sleep.  it was a long day too...

sunday i got up early to see the sunrise service and my dad came with me.  i can always count on my cousin being in it (my aunt's the director =) )  and i get to hang out with my grandma.  i was embarrassed because my hair was drenched from a shower and mom hadn't moved over her blow dryer yet, but not to embarrassed not to go =)
then grandma had her delicious cinnamon rolls so we all congregated at her house.
between breakfast and lunch was time for more moving.  the sun made an appearance during this time though.  so that was wonderful to see.
we went straight from moving to lunch back at grandma's and it was delicious!  as always.
the kid table is getting smaller and smaller, we were down to 3 sunday:  karen, kyle & i.  and we probably had the most serious conversation we've ever had at the kid table.  i couldn't help but think how much we've grown up.

after lunch i was shot!  i finally told mom i really needed a break and i was really tired after not getting much sleep the entire weekend and we had a cardinals game to go to that night and i really wanted to be fully alert for that.  karen sent me to bed.  and jeff sent greta to bed.  it's funny that greta has a real excuse for being so tired considering she's pregnant, but i just couldn't help it.  we both slept for 2 1/2 hours before karen & jeff woke us up.  

we loaded into cars and headed to st. louis for the much anticipated cardinals game.  we talked baby names and dating until we got out of the car and i started giving a preview to the game.  i'll give a shortened version:  i was worried about westbrook pitching because he had a rough time lately.  i was anticipating boos for phillips (from the reds) after last august.  to which karen contributed that she just hoped pujols was playing the game.  (he was)

the game was perfect.  it rained for a few innings, but we lucked out with our seats under cover.  it was just so exciting and a perfect end to a very busy weekend with a little time to relax.  
we won the game, thanks to yadi's 3 run homer, jeff bought a cardinals baby bib, everyone got their ballpark food they had been looking forward to and it was a successful trip to the ball game.

the fun didn't stop there.  

this morning i had a beautiful run.  after being stuck inside the other two days and having to be resourceful for my workouts, this morning couldn't have been more needed or more beautiful.  the sun was out, it was warm and i decided a hill workout was in order.
then karen took me to work with her and gave me a shot, took some blood, all in about 30 minutes.  i was like, "really?"  ugh.  then it seemed she was taking pleasure in doing all this to me, knowing how much i hate needles.  i started talking about who knows what to get my mind off what she was doing and i said she should do that with her patients.  she said, "oh i do."  what?!!??  oh, so it's just me that has to be aware of what you're doing to me.  i see how it is.  =)  don't worry i told her all this and she laughed.

i ran some errands for mother's day.  if i say so myself karen & my mother's day gift to mom is going to be awesome this year!  but that's all i can say because mom will probably read this.

mom & i got lunch and headed to the airport.  my flight was a little delayed and i got downtown in the thick of rush hour, but now i'm home and it's time to unpack.

funny stories:
we got pizza saturday night and i usually end up picking what i want on a section because everyone else wants meat and a couple of them will help me a little.  anyway i got olives on my part.  while karen's ordering she comes around the corner and asks black or green.  i wasn't quite sure what green olives were so i said green.  i found green olives definitely have a kick.  dad was eating one of the slices and he's such a sport.  he made a face and immediately grabs for his water, but says nothing.  later when it was just the four kids we all laughed about it and said how nice he was.  we only called him out on it later.
during the 7th inning stretch at the game we all stand up, greta looked from karen to i and stood up too and then we started screaming (i don't think it's fair to classify it as singing) take me out to the ball game.  greta laughed through her confusion and said that song is more important than the star spangled banner in this crowd =)
highlights:
i only took my spring coat home and i wasn't COLD!  i wore a short dress.  even though it rained practically the whole time, it's just so nice not to be cold =)

and back to work tomorrow.  it's a dome day, which means an early morning, lots of lifting, pulling, tugging, overall exhausting.
here we goooooooo.....

and i would like to say i think most of my thrift store finds were hits =)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kitchen Safety

We moved!  We're in our new place and we just got wifi.  Wahoo! I definitely broke in the kitchen quickly.  I was making a panini type sandwich for a potluck get together so I preheated the oven.  The next thing I knew the fire alarm was going off.  Let me tell you they did not skimp on a very loud fire alarm.  Ahhhhhhhh I opened the oven, which I know you're not supposed to do.  In the moment, I think I needed to see what I was dealing with.  There were definite flames.  Ahhhhhhhh So I called Mike while trying to google what to do.  He was super calm the entire call while I freaked out (it probably helped that he couldn't see the smoke billowing out of the oven).   He said to throw baking soda on it.  I did.  It seemed to fizzle but came back. I searched the apartment for a fire extinguisher (maybe I should have looked for one before this moment). This is while I kept trying to silence the fire alarm (to no avail) and open windows to let out smoke. Then Mike
I have a few things to update on today =) Oh I just finished the best meal I've had since I arrived and it was oh sooooo good! I'm so full and happy right now! It was a mexican meal so at least i know i'm going to the right country. yesterday Tere asked me to lead a little yoga class. automatically i said yes because that's how i am, but on the walk from the classroom to outside i started to get nervous. the only person i ever lead in yoga was karen & she laughed the majority of the time (it doesn't really count). i just took deep breaths and i did it. it actually was great. once we started i was able to integrate some favorite posses of the people in the class it was great towards the end when marcelle (who is rather soft spoken, but i love her) lead a few poses as well. i was actually happy with myself. namaste i love our group. everyone is similar that we all have this interest to do missionary work, but we are all very unique and different at the s

Spring!

Yes, I know it is not spring yet.   Today's the meteorological beginning of spring or something, isn't it? I definitely suffered some winter blues last month (yeah, it's March!). Check out these tulip fields for your Friday! Normann Szkop  took awesome photos while flying over Dutch  tulip fields . ( via ) p.s. Two days later I'm still feeling amazing after my juice cleanse .  Yes, it's possible that's not what it's from, but considering nothing else has really changed (except starting a new month, which I am so excited about), it's getting the credit. HAPPY FRIDAY & HAPPY MARCH!