Skip to main content

springness=happiness

being outside more honestly just makes me a happier person.  maybe i suffer from a bit of weather depression because i feel like when the weather gets better i come alive.

i mentioned my first bike ride of the season and i've been getting in some serious mileage (for me anyway) so that's awesome.  and i started running outside too, which requires a lot more energy, but has so many more benefits.
i have such a clear head.  and makes me calmer too.  

and after a seriously exhausting week (i was seriously tired all week) sunday was just what i needed.  
it included a long walk.  where i found a panderia (mexican bread) somewhat close to me.  i also walked past a tattoo parlor.  i was almost pulled in.  don't worry family i didn't get one.  but i feel that's how i generally make my decisions.  impulsive.  i don't necessarily think things through.  i guess a tattoo is something i should think through.  it looked really nice though.  
i also headed to the harbor across the street from me and caught some rays.  i had a long catch-up session with karen (phone time).  then i read a little and just laid down and listened to the cards game on my seriously awesome app.

and i fell asleep last night with my window open and the breeze floating in my room.  i felt like i was at some beach.  i don't know why.  maybe it sort-of smelt beachy.  it felt that way.

so i'm sort-of obsessed with mod cloth right now.  a bunch of awesome clothes i can't afford, but i just love to look at them.  and look what springy cuteness i came across yesterday.

yea yea yea spring spring spring

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I have a few things to update on today =) Oh I just finished the best meal I've had since I arrived and it was oh sooooo good! I'm so full and happy right now! It was a mexican meal so at least i know i'm going to the right country. yesterday Tere asked me to lead a little yoga class. automatically i said yes because that's how i am, but on the walk from the classroom to outside i started to get nervous. the only person i ever lead in yoga was karen & she laughed the majority of the time (it doesn't really count). i just took deep breaths and i did it. it actually was great. once we started i was able to integrate some favorite posses of the people in the class it was great towards the end when marcelle (who is rather soft spoken, but i love her) lead a few poses as well. i was actually happy with myself. namaste i love our group. everyone is similar that we all have this interest to do missionary work, but we are all very unique and different at the s

Spring!

Yes, I know it is not spring yet.   Today's the meteorological beginning of spring or something, isn't it? I definitely suffered some winter blues last month (yeah, it's March!). Check out these tulip fields for your Friday! Normann Szkop  took awesome photos while flying over Dutch  tulip fields . ( via ) p.s. Two days later I'm still feeling amazing after my juice cleanse .  Yes, it's possible that's not what it's from, but considering nothing else has really changed (except starting a new month, which I am so excited about), it's getting the credit. HAPPY FRIDAY & HAPPY MARCH!

Kitchen Safety

We moved!  We're in our new place and we just got wifi.  Wahoo! I definitely broke in the kitchen quickly.  I was making a panini type sandwich for a potluck get together so I preheated the oven.  The next thing I knew the fire alarm was going off.  Let me tell you they did not skimp on a very loud fire alarm.  Ahhhhhhhh I opened the oven, which I know you're not supposed to do.  In the moment, I think I needed to see what I was dealing with.  There were definite flames.  Ahhhhhhhh So I called Mike while trying to google what to do.  He was super calm the entire call while I freaked out (it probably helped that he couldn't see the smoke billowing out of the oven).   He said to throw baking soda on it.  I did.  It seemed to fizzle but came back. I searched the apartment for a fire extinguisher (maybe I should have looked for one before this moment). This is while I kept trying to silence the fire alarm (to no avail) and open windows to let out smoke. Then Mike