Skip to main content

Keepin' Positive

Today was a bad day!
We all have them.  It's completely normal.
It was one of those days where one day feels like a week.
I'm going to try to turn it around though.  For every negative thing.  I'll think of a positive.


It down poured basically my entire drive to Elgin this morning.  It didn't pour the entire way & it didn't hail.
I was in the same, freezing cold room for approximately 10 hours.  I missed some traffic.
I had 10 minutes to get lunch and get it down.  It was delicious.  Yes, maybe I had a bit of a stomach ache after since I ate it so fast, but it was good!
I repeated myself all day and started to lose my mind.  The majority of the day I worked with Maria, a staff member, that I really came to like.  We got along really well.
After spending the majority of the day with Maria, I had her rhythm down so I knew just how to time my talk so we had a great flow.  Then a different staff member came and annoyed me like crazy.  This was at the point of the day when I didn't want to think at all.  And she kept interrupting my talk.  At least I got to work with Maria the majority of the day.
I talked nonstop all day (10+ hours).  Yes, I do like to talk... but not that much.  It's a bit extreme.
Looked for a parking spot for a long time.  I found one.


I got home and knew that I was in an awful mood.  I glanced through my emails from the day and knew I had to calm down.
What calms you down when you're stressed or upset?
For me, it's the lake.  I immediately changed into shorts and a t-shirt and made my way to the lake.  Today the temperature outside was a typical summer day, which I seem to have forgotten how to dress for (it's been so hot).  I was cold in my shorts and tee on the lake. 
The lake definitely helped calm me down and make me feel better.





My trip to the lake is the reason I was able to write this post.  Otherwise I may have just cried in my room.
My thoughts are much clearer and I am able to put things into perspective.


But to leave things on a happy note.  I was able to pull myself together to wish my parents a HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!  
I also got to hear my friend from home's voice, even if it was only for a minute, not on a voicemail, and it just immediately relaxed me.
The Cardinals made me happy too.  Thank you, Cardinals.

31 years ago today


But anyway, HAPPY ANNIVERSARY MOM & DAD!  It sounds like they're enjoying their vacation so I'm happy for them!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kitchen Safety

We moved!  We're in our new place and we just got wifi.  Wahoo! I definitely broke in the kitchen quickly.  I was making a panini type sandwich for a potluck get together so I preheated the oven.  The next thing I knew the fire alarm was going off.  Let me tell you they did not skimp on a very loud fire alarm.  Ahhhhhhhh I opened the oven, which I know you're not supposed to do.  In the moment, I think I needed to see what I was dealing with.  There were definite flames.  Ahhhhhhhh So I called Mike while trying to google what to do.  He was super calm the entire call while I freaked out (it probably helped that he couldn't see the smoke billowing out of the oven).   He said to throw baking soda on it.  I did.  It seemed to fizzle but came back. I searched the apartment for a fire extinguisher (maybe I should have looked for one before this moment). This is while I kept trying to silence the fire alarm (to no avail) and open windows to let out smoke. Then Mike
I have a few things to update on today =) Oh I just finished the best meal I've had since I arrived and it was oh sooooo good! I'm so full and happy right now! It was a mexican meal so at least i know i'm going to the right country. yesterday Tere asked me to lead a little yoga class. automatically i said yes because that's how i am, but on the walk from the classroom to outside i started to get nervous. the only person i ever lead in yoga was karen & she laughed the majority of the time (it doesn't really count). i just took deep breaths and i did it. it actually was great. once we started i was able to integrate some favorite posses of the people in the class it was great towards the end when marcelle (who is rather soft spoken, but i love her) lead a few poses as well. i was actually happy with myself. namaste i love our group. everyone is similar that we all have this interest to do missionary work, but we are all very unique and different at the s

Spring!

Yes, I know it is not spring yet.   Today's the meteorological beginning of spring or something, isn't it? I definitely suffered some winter blues last month (yeah, it's March!). Check out these tulip fields for your Friday! Normann Szkop  took awesome photos while flying over Dutch  tulip fields . ( via ) p.s. Two days later I'm still feeling amazing after my juice cleanse .  Yes, it's possible that's not what it's from, but considering nothing else has really changed (except starting a new month, which I am so excited about), it's getting the credit. HAPPY FRIDAY & HAPPY MARCH!