Skip to main content

Week in Photos

I actually took some photos this week...


* One of my roommates from Mexico came to visit last weekend (she still lives there).  One of my other roommates, who lives in Chicago, and I were able to spend a couple days with her as she kicked off her month in the US.  We missed our other roommate, but were happy for the time we got to spend together.
of course that's tequila.
these are my roommates from Mexico

Sunday was a day made for the lake

*Jason & I were in Champaign for work this week.  We ate at Radio Maria the first night.  That hummus was probably the best hummus I've ever eaten.
*Rubina & I had a picnic on the lake.  We had a lovely time once we found each other, which is a completely different story.  It's nice that we both live on the lake, she's just a bit north of me.
I hadn't seen her in too long so it was extra special.
And she made me feel better about my concert I'm going to alone in about a month.  I just bought my ticket yesterday and I just felt a little weird about it, but now I'm able to feel as excited as I want.


I made zucchini tacos and Rubina brought chocolate pie.  They were both delicious and perfect for a picnic!


Favorite quote of the night "Time keeps speeding by, but nothing's changing."


The tacos were something like this:
onion and garlic cooked in bouillon 
add zucchini, tomato, corn, sriracha sauce
YUM
*Mom delivered my car this weekend.
Yes, I now have a car... surprise!  I'm surprised too ;)  
No, but really, I needed a car for work so here it is.  Now I'm searching for a parking spot.  I will not spend the amount of time I spent this weekend looking for parking again.  Period.


Mom & I went on a bike ride, explored a couple harbors, & rode on the path.


this one i just think is funny because we're trying to get an old lady to take a picture for us.  This is me trying to tell her how to take the photo.  Those are her fingers.  And this is the photo we got.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fall Photos

After admiring the leaves on our runs and my bike to work, we recruited my parents to take some photos of us there this weekend.   After these photos (and tackling some IT issues for my parents) we went to a birthday gathering at the jazz festival on Cherokee Street.  I liked it more than I thought I would. As the night wore on, I started chatting with one of the friend of a friend's there.  I started going in to what a crazy year and some change it's been and, whew, it really started to overwhelm me.   This morning, Mike woke up overwhelmed by our world/specifically our country.  I woke up with that conversation still in my head and also felt overwhelmed.  We treated ourselves to Sump Coffee and had a chat.  It's not always we sit down and talk about what we want and steps to get there. Fall feels like the perfect time to reset.  As we went through the day I also thought, it's okay to miss things in the past, but it woul...

Kitchen Safety

We moved!  We're in our new place and we just got wifi.  Wahoo! I definitely broke in the kitchen quickly.  I was making a panini type sandwich for a potluck get together so I preheated the oven.  The next thing I knew the fire alarm was going off.  Let me tell you they did not skimp on a very loud fire alarm.  Ahhhhhhhh I opened the oven, which I know you're not supposed to do.  In the moment, I think I needed to see what I was dealing with.  There were definite flames.  Ahhhhhhhh So I called Mike while trying to google what to do.  He was super calm the entire call while I freaked out (it probably helped that he couldn't see the smoke billowing out of the oven).   He said to throw baking soda on it.  I did.  It seemed to fizzle but came back. I searched the apartment for a fire extinguisher (maybe I should have looked for one before this moment). This is while I kept trying to silence the fire ...

Concerts = ♡

Last week was an exceptional concert week for me.  I was lucky enough to catch San Fermin, The Mowgli's, & American Authors.  In one week! My sister, Karen, and I found out San Fermin would be in Chicago at LouFest when we went through the artist signing line.  (Correction: Karen participated in the artist signing line, while I hid behind her shoulder and Ellis, the composer/writer, reached out to me to introduce himself.  This band is full of quality people.  Just sayin'.  I get awkward around bands.)   So we followed through.  Found their show at the Metro (which could not be more convenient for us) and met up with Rubina, my friend, to enjoy their show.  So good.  We were not disappointed.  I was only minutely disappointed because for some reason I assumed they were headlining so when they didn't come out for an encore I was confused.  But then I realized they were the middle act and it made sense. ...