Skip to main content

and i'm 24

if my bday was during baseball season i know what i would do every year. in fact, if it would be acceptable i would do nothing on my actual bday and celebrate in the summer instead.


but today wasn't bad.


over the weekend i got to hang out with some friends and karen came in town so that was super fun. thanks to all you who made it! super fun!


today i got to go in a little late because i had to work late so i hit up some classes at the gym. including a yoga class. but i still woke up at the same early time...silly i know. (that's a bit of a long story) i was planning on watching some oprah in my rest period between the gym and work, but do you remember those converter boxes things that were all in the news in 08? well i'm pretty positive they were put into effect today. see, i don't have cable and i tried my tv without the box thing so i decided i didn't need it and left it at home. now i get a note on the screen that says my tv's not compatible. my dad is going to mail me the box. so i'll just be without tv for a few days. no biggie. so i didn't get to see oprah.


i treated myself to a dunkin donuts coffee on my way to the el. black, just the way i like it. and made my way to my boss's house because we parked the I GO car there last night since we needed the dome again today. (she lives much closer than the planetarium so my commute was short...which i enjoy).

i thought it was funny when i got off the el i saw an Einstein's bagels opened right across the street from Chicago Bagel Authority. So Einstein's had this huge sign GRAND OPENING. What did CBA do? They put up a huge sign GRAND RE-OPENING. i had to laugh.

i drove into work, without a problem.


at work they had a little bday thingy for me. i told one person and bam. it was very nice, but i was so embarrassed. they laughed at me because i was so red. they had a mexican fiesta though. chips, salsa, etc. but one guy lives in pilsen so he brought churros and tamales. it was super nice of everyone. especially, since i ate early and wouldn't be eating again until late.


and we headed to pilsen with the dome in tow. the event was ok, but didn't compare to tuesday at all. tuesday was awesome. there were portions i want to improve, but overall, a very good first dome outing facilitating on my own.


this was a science and math night. there were a lot of kids and i just felt like we didn't have enough time to give them a quality presentation.


then came the trek home albeit it was shorter than the usual trek because i was coming from my boss's house, but it was 8:30 so not rush hour (less trains and buses). the train finally came and the next bus wasn't coming for 10 more minutes. i knew i wouldn't be able to wait in this cold so i decided it was a night for a walk and took off. i was just getting to the really grouchy, really cold mood when just a ride came on my ipod. and i was like, 'yeah that's right, sometimes you're up, sometimes your down. this is ok. this cold is just a down' and i took off running and i felt much better. then one of my new favs bruno mars just the way you are came on. i don't know about you, but i would love it if someone sang that to me. maybe that makes me corny. i don't care. it helped to get me home. usually when running/skipping down the sidewalk i stop when someone is approaching. not tonight. i was cold and could no longer feel my toes.


so there it is.

i'm 24

i think my favorite part of the day was listening to all the voicemails i collected over the day. so if you called, thanks. it made me smile. even while i was listening to it in the cold.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kitchen Safety

We moved!  We're in our new place and we just got wifi.  Wahoo! I definitely broke in the kitchen quickly.  I was making a panini type sandwich for a potluck get together so I preheated the oven.  The next thing I knew the fire alarm was going off.  Let me tell you they did not skimp on a very loud fire alarm.  Ahhhhhhhh I opened the oven, which I know you're not supposed to do.  In the moment, I think I needed to see what I was dealing with.  There were definite flames.  Ahhhhhhhh So I called Mike while trying to google what to do.  He was super calm the entire call while I freaked out (it probably helped that he couldn't see the smoke billowing out of the oven).   He said to throw baking soda on it.  I did.  It seemed to fizzle but came back. I searched the apartment for a fire extinguisher (maybe I should have looked for one before this moment). This is while I kept trying to silence the fire alarm (to no avail) and open windows to let out smoke. Then Mike
I have a few things to update on today =) Oh I just finished the best meal I've had since I arrived and it was oh sooooo good! I'm so full and happy right now! It was a mexican meal so at least i know i'm going to the right country. yesterday Tere asked me to lead a little yoga class. automatically i said yes because that's how i am, but on the walk from the classroom to outside i started to get nervous. the only person i ever lead in yoga was karen & she laughed the majority of the time (it doesn't really count). i just took deep breaths and i did it. it actually was great. once we started i was able to integrate some favorite posses of the people in the class it was great towards the end when marcelle (who is rather soft spoken, but i love her) lead a few poses as well. i was actually happy with myself. namaste i love our group. everyone is similar that we all have this interest to do missionary work, but we are all very unique and different at the s

Spring!

Yes, I know it is not spring yet.   Today's the meteorological beginning of spring or something, isn't it? I definitely suffered some winter blues last month (yeah, it's March!). Check out these tulip fields for your Friday! Normann Szkop  took awesome photos while flying over Dutch  tulip fields . ( via ) p.s. Two days later I'm still feeling amazing after my juice cleanse .  Yes, it's possible that's not what it's from, but considering nothing else has really changed (except starting a new month, which I am so excited about), it's getting the credit. HAPPY FRIDAY & HAPPY MARCH!