Skip to main content

some like it hot

hot yoga  -  check

today i got to go into work late because i was still over on my hours and today was the end of the pay period.  i started thinking and decided this was the PERFECT opportunity to check something off my new year's resolution list.  i could go to a hot yoga class.  i knew the time would be tight, but i could make it work.

holy sweat.  that's the shortest, most descriptive thing i can say about my experience.

first i went in the room and was super impressed with the wood floors that were sort-of cushy, like bouncy.  i really liked those.  and i didn't think it was all that hot.  so i got comfortable on my mat and got ready to go.

so we started.  we moved through each pose rather quickly.  which i think you have to do in hot yoga considering obstacles that aren't necessarily usually there....

for example.
my mat was drenched.  most the people in the class brought towels.  i did not.  in downward dog, i literally gripped the sides of my mat because my hands just slid everywhere.  i mean not only were my hands sweating, but the mat was so wet from the rest of my body.

the hour and a half went by quickly and i enjoyed my experience, but i really like how in the class i can take fridays that we have astro overnights (i go into work late) we really work on alignment, etc.  this was very flowy, which i also enjoyed, but i don't know.  i think i could enjoy it every once in awhile.  

i just finished cleaning my mat.  #1 task for when i got home because it was GROSS!  

fun story, or not so fun depending on how you look at it.  
i needed to leave straight from the studio to get to work on time so i was going to take a quick shower there.  i guess i'm a little spoiled at my gym where we have towels and hair dryers, etc.  so i did not take these things with me.  i was happy to see they had shampoo, conditioner & soap in the showers or i would have had all sorts of troubles.  
problem #1 so i didn't have a towel.  i would not recommend this, but if you're ever in a pinch.  i sort-of acted like a windshield wiper.  and just slid all the water off my body...sort-of.
problem #2 no hair dryer.  this was dealt with quite easily.  i used a paper towel to ring it out and then put it immediately in a braid.  done.
i guess for full disclosure i should say they have towels you can rent for $1, but i'm frugal.  what can i say?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I have a few things to update on today =) Oh I just finished the best meal I've had since I arrived and it was oh sooooo good! I'm so full and happy right now! It was a mexican meal so at least i know i'm going to the right country. yesterday Tere asked me to lead a little yoga class. automatically i said yes because that's how i am, but on the walk from the classroom to outside i started to get nervous. the only person i ever lead in yoga was karen & she laughed the majority of the time (it doesn't really count). i just took deep breaths and i did it. it actually was great. once we started i was able to integrate some favorite posses of the people in the class it was great towards the end when marcelle (who is rather soft spoken, but i love her) lead a few poses as well. i was actually happy with myself. namaste i love our group. everyone is similar that we all have this interest to do missionary work, but we are all very unique and different at the s

Spring!

Yes, I know it is not spring yet.   Today's the meteorological beginning of spring or something, isn't it? I definitely suffered some winter blues last month (yeah, it's March!). Check out these tulip fields for your Friday! Normann Szkop  took awesome photos while flying over Dutch  tulip fields . ( via ) p.s. Two days later I'm still feeling amazing after my juice cleanse .  Yes, it's possible that's not what it's from, but considering nothing else has really changed (except starting a new month, which I am so excited about), it's getting the credit. HAPPY FRIDAY & HAPPY MARCH!

Kitchen Safety

We moved!  We're in our new place and we just got wifi.  Wahoo! I definitely broke in the kitchen quickly.  I was making a panini type sandwich for a potluck get together so I preheated the oven.  The next thing I knew the fire alarm was going off.  Let me tell you they did not skimp on a very loud fire alarm.  Ahhhhhhhh I opened the oven, which I know you're not supposed to do.  In the moment, I think I needed to see what I was dealing with.  There were definite flames.  Ahhhhhhhh So I called Mike while trying to google what to do.  He was super calm the entire call while I freaked out (it probably helped that he couldn't see the smoke billowing out of the oven).   He said to throw baking soda on it.  I did.  It seemed to fizzle but came back. I searched the apartment for a fire extinguisher (maybe I should have looked for one before this moment). This is while I kept trying to silence the fire alarm (to no avail) and open windows to let out smoke. Then Mike