Skip to main content

airport meeting

Starting tomorrow night I'm traveling personally!  I feel like pretty much all month, I've just been struggling to keep my head above water so I really, really need a break.
(You think my family will be offended if I sleep all week?  That's really all I feel like doing right now.)

June was such a blur.  It doesn't really feel like it happened.  I was basically in Chicago for 6 days this entire month and I have a list of friends who reached out to me to get together who I didn't have a chance to see.  One text message literally said:  "Friend date soon, please!"  Dear friends, sorry I've been a bad friend for the month of June.  I hope to do better soon... although honestly, I don't have all that much control.

But next week I hope to have some relaxation.

Tomorrow Karen is going to come pick me up at the airport.  I love watching the people waiting for their loved ones at the airport.  (Yes, maybe it makes you think of the intro to Love Actually, but it's better in real life.)  Usually any time my flight arrives at Midway in the evening, I come up the ramp & down the escalator (there are really two areas people awaiting arrivees wait.  The areas are filled with people anxiously waiting for their loved ones coming in on flights.  
It always makes me smile (even though usually all I want to do is lie down and sleep right there in the middle of the pathway).

My family and I have a parking spot where I know to meet them so they don't have to pay for parking and deal with everything.

When I came back from Mexico, Karen parked and came inside the airport and waited for me with a sign.  I landed in the main terminal so I came out of a different concourse than she thought so I ended up finding her, rather than walking by her, but I still remember us running to each other and hugging (and crying).  I still remember a woman off to the side smiling as she looked on.

I just love it!

Today I got to celebrate Vicki's birthday (a week late) & have a new special at Chicago Diner that I was antsy to try!  (You can't say I don't make the most of it when I happen to be in Chicago.)

(taco photo via)

Karen & I are heading straight to the Cardinals game so we can score the 1926 Championship Beer Stein.  They have a limited number they're giving out and I always seem to miss the giveaways with people not wanting to get there too early.  I'm overruling that this time.  I told Karen we can go by the bleachers so she will be entertained by people while I can watch batting practice.  Yesterday she literally tried to convince me to stop by a bar downtown before going to the game.  No way.  I want that stein.
Yes, this is Yadi.
vote for him and other cardinals for the All Star Game here

Next week I have some posts planned for you, but I'm really looking forward to disconnecting.  I hope you have a great week!

p.s. Wow that was a very discombobulated post.  Thanks for making it through.
xoxo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Veggie Tinga

I made Vegetarian Tinga for a mexican pot luck I went to on Tuesday.


Many people have never heard of Tinga, let alone knowing you can make it vegetarian style.  You absolutely can!  And it's so easy.


Traditional tinga is made of shredded chicken with chipotle flavoring.  I used cabbage instead of the chicken.


I looked at a lot of different recipes online, but couldn't find a recipe for the veggie tinga I had in mind, so I ended up combining the guidelines of those recipes and making my own.


Here's what I did:


1 onion
1 head of cabbage
1 7oz. can chipotle (the peppers in adobo sauce)
5 ish roma tomatoes
olive oil


-Saute onion in olive oil.
-Chop cabbage (I used youtube to help me figure out the best way to do that) add to onion and saute.
-Blend the chipotle and tomatoes in blender.
Note:  Some people only like to add the sauce from the chipotle peppers.  I added the entire can (including the peppers themselves).  It's up to you depending on how spicy you want it.  (I like my food s…

Moisturizer

I said when I turned 30 in January I was going to start using moisturizer.  Now, 6 months later, I can say I've kind of achieved the goal, but not really...

I have a moisturizer from several years ago, which I received as a Christmas gift.  I used it off and on over the years, mostly off.  I've probably used it more this year than ever before, granted the bar was very low.

I don't like it though.  I don't like the smell or really how it feels either.

Then I heard True Botanicals released a lower-priced Basics collection designed for younger skin, technically for people in their 20s, but whatever.  I decided to try their hydrating oil (the smallest one) to see if I am able to be consistent with use.

First impression: I'm still figuring out how much to use, but I love the smell.

Registration

*Karen tells me that is not what I'm supposed to say, but it makes sense in my head...

Saturday I was in San Antonio for work, I did get to hang out with a friend while I was in town so that definitely made the trip better, combined with the fact that the volunteers there are just wonderful.

I knew Sunday was going to be overwhelming before I left on Friday.  I always write lists when I'm overwhelmed, I wrote a list.  (Even though I hardly referenced it on Sunday.)  Just writing it down helps me feel better.

Sunday we registered for at two places, starting at 9am.  When we finished the second one (which we were both dragging ourselves through) it felt like it was time for bed...it was 2pm.  Guys, this experience brought so much clarity to people's registerys.  I would not necessarily say it was a fun experience.  And I am very happy Mike seems to have a vision because we would limit the insane number of options down to a couple options together and then I would say I don'…