Skip to main content

Running Visor

I know I get a lot of sun while I run (you should should not see my shorts line) especially on my face.

The other week we (Molly, my gym buddy, Margo, my yoga instructor-who actually reminds me so much of my amazing Luna boss and I love them both) were chatting after yoga and Margo started saying how I need to protect my face.  Which is not the first time I've heard that, but usually I say I don't want to wear sunscreen because I don't want to get it in my eyes the entire time and the person that told me to put on sunscreen has no response.  

Margo had a response.  She said to wear a hat or visor.  

I asked Karen if she had any visors around that she doesn't use and she brought me one.  Saturday I gave it a try for the first time for my 16 mile run.  It was a perfect day in Chicago:  beautiful sunshine, perfect breeze.
After a stressful week, which didn't include much sleep, I tried to play catch-up Friday night, but I think most of all this run was exactly what I needed.
heyyyyyy selfie
Pros:
*i got to represent the cards
*it kept some sweat out of my eyes
*i think it protected some of my face from the sun

Cons:
*i have to get used to it.
*it rubbed on my left ear.  why did it rub on my left ear?  i don't know.
*maybe I should put some sunscreen on my nose.  that was the main reason i wore the hat & i'm not sure it actually covered my nose at all.

I still think it's good & I'm going to stick with it.

Comments

  1. Thoughts: you could wear sunscreen everywhere from below your eyes. And wear a visor. That way no skin cancer + no sunscreen in your eyes.

    Why it rubbed your left ear: All human beings are asymmetrical - which is why every set of shoes is slightly misfit on one foot, every spaghetti strap top falls of one shoulder. If you think about it too much it drives you crazy and you start feeling lop-sided. Maybe that's just me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wealth of information you are!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Fall Photos

After admiring the leaves on our runs and my bike to work, we recruited my parents to take some photos of us there this weekend.   After these photos (and tackling some IT issues for my parents) we went to a birthday gathering at the jazz festival on Cherokee Street.  I liked it more than I thought I would. As the night wore on, I started chatting with one of the friend of a friend's there.  I started going in to what a crazy year and some change it's been and, whew, it really started to overwhelm me.   This morning, Mike woke up overwhelmed by our world/specifically our country.  I woke up with that conversation still in my head and also felt overwhelmed.  We treated ourselves to Sump Coffee and had a chat.  It's not always we sit down and talk about what we want and steps to get there. Fall feels like the perfect time to reset.  As we went through the day I also thought, it's okay to miss things in the past, but it woul...

Kitchen Safety

We moved!  We're in our new place and we just got wifi.  Wahoo! I definitely broke in the kitchen quickly.  I was making a panini type sandwich for a potluck get together so I preheated the oven.  The next thing I knew the fire alarm was going off.  Let me tell you they did not skimp on a very loud fire alarm.  Ahhhhhhhh I opened the oven, which I know you're not supposed to do.  In the moment, I think I needed to see what I was dealing with.  There were definite flames.  Ahhhhhhhh So I called Mike while trying to google what to do.  He was super calm the entire call while I freaked out (it probably helped that he couldn't see the smoke billowing out of the oven).   He said to throw baking soda on it.  I did.  It seemed to fizzle but came back. I searched the apartment for a fire extinguisher (maybe I should have looked for one before this moment). This is while I kept trying to silence the fire ...

Concerts = ♡

Last week was an exceptional concert week for me.  I was lucky enough to catch San Fermin, The Mowgli's, & American Authors.  In one week! My sister, Karen, and I found out San Fermin would be in Chicago at LouFest when we went through the artist signing line.  (Correction: Karen participated in the artist signing line, while I hid behind her shoulder and Ellis, the composer/writer, reached out to me to introduce himself.  This band is full of quality people.  Just sayin'.  I get awkward around bands.)   So we followed through.  Found their show at the Metro (which could not be more convenient for us) and met up with Rubina, my friend, to enjoy their show.  So good.  We were not disappointed.  I was only minutely disappointed because for some reason I assumed they were headlining so when they didn't come out for an encore I was confused.  But then I realized they were the middle act and it made sense. ...