Skip to main content

Cardinals Postseason 2014

Cardinals made it!!!  

They lived up to their Cardiac Cardinals name again and we're not even in the post season yet!  But we clinched our National League Central Division title for the second year in a row!  Through the Pirates loss Sunday and then we won so if the magic number was 2 going into Sunday we would have made it.

I went to watch the game at the Cardinals/Mizzou bar Saturday night with some friends and the highlight was the end of the Mizzou game.  It was good, folks!

Cardinals were just disappointing Saturday night.  Except for Grichuk's dash home from second.  That was pretty amazing.
 
(via)

Everyone at the bar was so friendly though.  I talked to more people Saturday night than ever.  Go Missouri :) 

Sunday we knew we clinched before our game started because Pittsburgh played earlier in the day.  So we played mostly upcoming players and pulled our regulars.  Was it like an audition for the post season roster?  I enjoyed it more than I thought I would and was very impressed by Gonzales.  And they won 1-0.  Nice job!

Friday's our first National League Division Series against the Dodgers...Wainwright vs. Kershaw to pitchers up for the cy young award this year...here we go!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spring!

Yes, I know it is not spring yet.   Today's the meteorological beginning of spring or something, isn't it? I definitely suffered some winter blues last month (yeah, it's March!). Check out these tulip fields for your Friday! Normann Szkop  took awesome photos while flying over Dutch  tulip fields . ( via ) p.s. Two days later I'm still feeling amazing after my juice cleanse .  Yes, it's possible that's not what it's from, but considering nothing else has really changed (except starting a new month, which I am so excited about), it's getting the credit. HAPPY FRIDAY & HAPPY MARCH!

Skyline Views

I finished reading My Heart is an Idiot a couple weeks ago.  The author lived in Chicago for a bit and had several essays in the book where he mentioned Chicago. In one essay he mentioned the skyline view from Augusta & Wood.  I was curious so I decided to go for a bike ride and check out this "amazing" view of the skyline. This was it, people.   Hmmm.... I think I had a better view on the Damen bridge just north of Fullerton on my way there.  I am a sucker for the unexpected skyline views around the city (like on Damen).  I'll also throw in the view from Chicago and Halsted.  Also the orange line between Western and 35th/Archer is pretty amazing.  Do you have any places you love to take in the unexpected view? I'm not talking the Adler... I consider that expected.
I have a few things to update on today =) Oh I just finished the best meal I've had since I arrived and it was oh sooooo good! I'm so full and happy right now! It was a mexican meal so at least i know i'm going to the right country. yesterday Tere asked me to lead a little yoga class. automatically i said yes because that's how i am, but on the walk from the classroom to outside i started to get nervous. the only person i ever lead in yoga was karen & she laughed the majority of the time (it doesn't really count). i just took deep breaths and i did it. it actually was great. once we started i was able to integrate some favorite posses of the people in the class it was great towards the end when marcelle (who is rather soft spoken, but i love her) lead a few poses as well. i was actually happy with myself. namaste i love our group. everyone is similar that we all have this interest to do missionary work, but we are all very unique and different at the s